"None of that means anything." I tried to reason, sounding as casual as possible.

She huffed and crossed her arms. "You're really going to lie right to my face? We're best friends. Aren't we supposed to tell each other everything?" She rolled her eyes and began to walk away.

I groaned and threw my head back. I didn't want to admit it, but I knew I was going to have to. "We aren't dating, Faith. I just..."

I wanted to throw a tantrum, much like a toddler. I did not want to admit anything, or else I'd start to have stonger feelings for Logan, and the thought honestly scared me.

"...I just like him, alright?" I spoke quietly, looking around to make sure no one was lingering by to hear.

She turned around wearing the widest grin I'd ever seen. "I knew it! Oh, my god, I knew it!"

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't force the growing smile off my lips. "It's not that big of a deal."

"Oh, my god, what if he likes you back?"

"I don't think he—"

"I'm going to go ask him—"

"No!" I shrieked with wide eyes. I grabbed her arms. "You cannot ask or tell him."

"But—"

"You can't."

She stepped out of my hold and sighed.. "Fine, but you better explain how your little crush came to be right now."

As we walked to her car, I began telling her all the details. "Well, when I first saw him I thought he was definitely high up there on the scale of good-looking, but I didn't like-like him. Then he noticed how shy and introverted I was, so he came up with this plan to break me out of my shell. I thought it was really sweet of him to be so interested in helping me, you know?" I smiled in a daze. "One of the ideas for the plan he had was to go to that party. Well, after that whole scene with Kacey, I let out all my anger on him, telling him that everything was all his fault. Then, I ended up in the hospital and even after I yelled and said all those things to him, he was still there with me every day. And I guess that's when I realized that deep inside, I always had feelings for him, I just didn't want to admit them."

I glanced at Faith and raised my eyebrows amusingly. She was biting her bottom lip in efforts to keep from grinning like an idiot.

When we arrived at my house, I told Faith to come along to help me get ready for the dinner. She quickly agreed, following me up the driveway. We walked up to my room and headed straight for the closet. I glanced at the clock on the way in, realizing I only had an hour and a half to get ready. I walked into my restroom to get started on my hair and makeup while Faith looked for an outfit.

Realizing I was too lazy to actually do anything to my hair, I just let it out of the bun it was in, letting my hair fall over my shoulders. I didn't want Logan to think I was trying to impress him by caking my face with makeup, so I went for a natural look. I applied a tinted moisturizer, just a little eyeliner and mascara. With a look in the mirror and a nod of approval, I stepped back into my room.

"So what'd you find?" I asked Faith, walking into my closet.

She turned around with her arms full. She stepped out and set the outfit on the bed. I stared at the clothes dumbly. I didn't even know I owned any of this.

"Well don't just stand there," Faith said, walking back into the closet. "Hurry up and change!"

I snapped out of the trance and got dressed. Once I was fully clothed, I looked into the full-length mirror and smiled. I wore a simple black v-neck shirt, topped with a cute white cardigan and a navy blue infinity scarf. Lastly, I had squeezed my legs into a pair of blue skinny jeans.