Miss Mystic Falls

Beginne am Anfang

***************

"I'm sorry for the short notice. I didn't even know that the contest was coming up, much less that I would be in it," I sighed into the phone.

"Well, I'll be happy to escort you anywhere," Stefan answered making me sigh in relief.

"My mom was really into this founders day stuff. She was even miss mystic in her day. I kinda wanted to do it for her and Elena,"

"Well, it will be great. We'll have fun,"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. I love you," I smiled.

"I love you too," he said and hung up. I put the phone down. Well this should be fun.

*****************

"Honor your partner," Carol told us all and I bowed at Stefan. I hate this. I actually hate this. I don't dance. I don't want to do this.

"Let's focus, right hand around, flirt with your eyes," Carol smiled and I lifted my right hand hovering it across from Stefan's and we circled around looking at each other. How the hell do you flirt with your eyes?

"Left hand around," she instructed and I switched hands rolling my eyes. Stefan noticed my obvious not wanting to be here and he laughed at me.

"This is ridiculous," I said and he laughed again.

"Both hands,"

"You're only saying that because you don't know how to do it," he mentioned making me roll my eyes at him.

"Sorry only one of us was around when dancing was invented," I smirked and Stefan growled at me spinning me around before dipping me. I shrieked and laughed as Carol shook her head running over to us.

"No, no, no. There's no touching during this part. It's about the simple intimacy of the near touch," she said and I rolled my eyes again once she looked away making Stefan chuckle.

"You're so negative," I shrugged. "The complete opposite of Elena, and I love that," he whispered getting back into place. "If you ask me the near touch is overrated," he joked waving his hand.

"You seem to be in a good mood," I smiled and he shrugged.

"Is that a bad thing? Would you prefer for me to be brooding and tortured?" he asked raising his eyebrows. I lifted my hands in surrender.

"Hey, I'm not complaining," I shrugged stepping closer to him but he held his hands up.

"Oh, no touching," he pointed his finger at me and I laughed. Stefan is actually making this fun.

********************

"Thanks for helping me," I said to Jenna while she continued to curl my hair.

"Don't thank me until you're sure you're hair isn't going to burn off," she joked making me laugh.

"You know I remember when my mom, Elena, and I were first applying for this. They were so excited," I added.

"So were you if I recall,"

"I was, they both made it sound like so much fun. A lot has changed since then," I sighed picking at my fingernails. A lot has changed. Too much.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but it's a little late for cold feet,"

"I don't have cold feet, I just... I think I'd be enjoying it a lot more if they both were here," I added.

"I'll tell you one thing, your hair would have a better chance if they were," she laughed pushing her hair out of her face.

    "I should go put my dress on. Be careful with that thing," I said pointing to the hot curling wand. "Don't hurt anybody," I joked getting off the chair walking out of the room. I walked up to the dressing room and stopped when I saw Amber. One of the girls competing for Miss Mystic Falls. She looked very nervous as she paced back and forth across the room.