✨ Part 11 ✨

He should have seen it coming. Lee and Kiba still had class and Shikamaru had to fulfill his detention sentence, leaving Naruto alone to be found by none other than Neji. He was hoping to walk around the campus and take a look at clubs that were still accepting members, but before he even set foot into the main building someone had taken hold of his shoulder.

"Where were you?" Neji questioned as Naruto stood, completely at a loss for what to do.

"Uhh... In the woods..." he mumbled shamefully, his gaze dropped to the ground.

"What on Earth made you think that ditching would go unnoticed, especially on your second day?" He persisted coldly, making Naruto flinch.

"I... I don't know," he admitted feeling the joy of making a new friend quickly dissipate before the Hyuuga's anger. "I guess I was just having a bad morning... so..."

"I can't possibly comprehend was is so upsetting."

How awkward would it have been to tell him that it was because he failed at getting a date with Hinata? They were related somehow; for all he knew, she could have been his sister. "Nothing really..."

"I don't know what it is with you," Neji continued as he rubbed his temples, seeming more flustered than what Naruto was used to. "I can't take my eyes off of your for one second or you'll end up getting in trouble or mortally wound yourself."

"I didn't ask you to be my damn babysitter!" Naruto snapped, finally finding the courage to talk back to Neji, though still feeling as if it was a losing battle.

"Neither did I," he countered with a quick glare, "but here we are. I honestly don't know what to do with you, Naruto."

"You know, not everything is entirely my fault," he hissed. "Have you ever thought that maybe some fault lied in others, like Sasuke for instance?"

"I told you to stay away from Sasuke!" Neji snapped more fiercely, making the blond fall silent and take a step back in apprehension. There was something unnerving about the way he ordered him around when it came to Sasuke. He really didn't want any more trouble between them.

"A-alright," he stammered as he put his hands up in surrender. "I'll try." The conversation was taking a weird direction...

He felt as if some of the pressure was relieved when Neji shielded his eyes with his hands after a long pause. "Go back to the dorm. I don't have the patience to deal with you right now."

Naruto was suddenly overcome with the feeling that someone had kicked him in the stomach and he couldn't hide the pained expression as he nodded stiffly. So, it was back to feeling like he was the bane of everyone's existence. He walked back to the dorm in complete silence, forcing down a painful lump in his throat that seemed to ache him more as time progressed.

He entered the room with high hopes that Sasuke would be gone, but alas, that would mean something would go right in his life, and lord knows he couldn't have that happen. The raven peered up from a textbook briefly before glancing back down. His hair was matted and some of it was clinging to the side of his face meaning he must have just gotten out of the shower.

"How is your life as a delinquent?" Sasuke greeted making the blond cringe with rage.

"Fuck you," he spat venomously as he tossed his bag onto his bed.

"Excuse you?"

"Don't talk to me," he demanded with a low tone. "I am incredibly close to decking you in the face."

"You're awfully chipper this afternoon," Sasuke stated as he slammed his book shut with a heated glare. "To what do I owe this necessary aggression?"