Week 5--Disney Night (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

*****

A young cast member named Jasmine met them just past the entrance to California Adventure. She was joined by a security guard named Al, who looked a bit on the scraggly side to Regina. How he was going to take anyone down was beyond her and she prayed they had no incidents.

"So you're going to be escorting us around?" Henry asked, sounding a bit defensive about it.

"Henry," Regina chided, frowning at her son.

Jasmine smiled. "It's okay. I can imagine it sounds like I'm a babysitter, right? And who wants that while in Disneyland? But I promise you that you want me around. I have a superpower."

"You do?" Roland asked, eyes wide as he stared up at her.

"Yep," she replied, crouching down to look him in the eyes. "I can get to the front of any lines. No waiting."

Henry and Roland gasped. "Cool!"

She straightened up. "So, are you all ready to begin your magical day here in Disneyland?"

"Are you legally required to ask that?" Emma asked, smirking.

Regina shook her head. "I can't take you anywhere, can I?" she asked her friend.

Emma just rolled her eyes in response, following the boys as they walked with Jasmine. She was telling them information about the park and they hung on her every word.

"I think we've been replaced as the coolest people they know," Robin said, falling into step with her.

"We're their parents. Of course we have." She smirked, glancing at him quickly before looking ahead again.

He laughed, his arms swinging at his side. Regina crossed hers, trying to resist the urge to grab his hand as they walked toward Cars Land. They couldn't chance such an intimate if innocent gesture being photographed and going viral. She did not want another lecture from Isaac Heller.

"Mom! Jasmine says she's going to take us on the Radiator Springs Racers. You coming?" Henry called out.

Regina smiled. "Of course. It sounds like fun."

"Can I come too?" Roland asked, looking up at his father with pleading eyes.

Robin sighed, the pain of possibly breaking his son's heart in his eyes. "We're going to have to measure you, see if you're tall enough to go on the ride."

"We can measure you once we get there," Jasmine said, taking Roland's hand. "If not, there are plenty of rides you can do in Cars Land..."

"Okay," he said, though he sounded disappointed. His head hung as he continued on his way.

Regina relaxed a bit, feeling sympathetic for him and his father. She fell into step with Robin. "I remember when Henry couldn't wait to go on the rides. He would go on the smaller ones but always stare at the rollercoasters. Broke my heart."

"Roland breaks mine. He wants to go on the rollercoasters and I want to make him happy, but I also don't want him to grow up so fast," he admitted.

"I know the feeling," she told him, glancing at her own son. "It never stops."

He groaned. "Wonderful."

*****

Roland stood pressed against the measuring stick outside Radiator Springs, Jasmine and another cast member checking his height. She smiled and held out her hand to him for a high five. "You passed. You can go on."