5 • Report

Arcee had told you that the recruits had been promoted to cadets. Some of the Autobots had called them rookie every now and then. The pendrive was in Optimus's hand. You checked the pendrive before putting it in the computer, a clean sweep. To make it 'Con free.

It was you, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus - who came in the early morning - and Optimus in the briefing room. Jazz was leaning outside the wall. His duty was to keep the cadets out.

"I see." The firm and stoic face from the Second-in-Command had read the files you've hacked. "So this is what the Soundwave has been searching. The Decepticons have made their move and we must act quickly."

"I agree but this data that (name) found is not complete. The watchtower that my men had found were not full with guards." Optimus spoke with calm. He doesn't want to rush. He knows what Megatron is thinking and rushing isn't himself.

Ultra Magnus placed both hands to the surface of the table, leaning forward. "With all due respect, the pocketwatch must be retrieved. We must not allowed the filthy hands of the Decepticons to use this time to snatch it away from our grasp."

The tense between Optimus and Ultra Magnus was filling the room. You and Bumblebee felt the heavy tension. You were still clearing the codes while Bumblebee was seating next to you, slightly shuffling his feet.

"No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky." Optimus cuts out the tension.

The laptop have saved everyone in the room. Your screen flashed a sentence that caused you to smile. Bumblebee signed at your reaction. "Thank the Allspark, those two would kill each other with that glares of them."

"Um, I have decrypted the codes. The files can be read without having any interference from the traps that Soundwave create." You shyly spoke out.

"Very well." Optimus look at Bumblebee. "You may return to your post." Before looking at you. "This discussion is not over and I intend to study the files." And lastly, Ultra Magnus. "Might I suggest some lessons for the newly promoted cadets? There should learn about our rules."

Ultra Magnus gave a nod. He did a salute to Optimus. "Sir." He then turn around and walked out from the room.

"Do I have to send the files to you or..." You trailed off, not sure what is Optimus 'discussion' with you. Bumblebee gave a short wave as he walked out from the room. Jazz shortly enter the room, his face was a mix of confusion and puzzled.

"I would like to hear it. Meeting Soundwave at the control room wasn't a coincidence." Optimus sat down. He gestured Jazz to do so.

"For once, I agree. I mean, who didn't plan it out, ya' know?" Jazz leaned back to his seat. The leather crinkled at his actions.

"Well, I think Soundwave want to clear the entire database. He wants to make sure that we don't found out but his plan got backfired when Crosshairs, Sideswipe and I barged in." You told them what you thought. It was a theory, well, a half baked one.

"He had planted traps for me to discover and that caused the screens to show the blue screen. Static screen was normal but blue screen was a different fight. As for the data, the last piece of them were long gone. I have skimmed the codes for multiple times and the answer wasn't in the watchtower. It was hidden well in the Bermuda Triangle."

"That deathly shaped? Man, I bet the 'Cons would die tryin' that us." Jazz said. Everyone knew what the triangle could do. It was a wishing well to death itself.

"That's what the codes said. All of them are hinting in the middle of the Triangle. Of course, my brain think that it was the Bermuda but, it must somewhere else. For example; the Pyramid of Giza, Mount. Everest, any triangular place is where the pocketwatch is hidden." What is this, finding a needle in a haystack? Scratch that, the entire world for one small pocketwatch. The hell, your mind cursed.

"Then, we must continue to learn for valuable information. Perhaps a trip to the library would help?" You could felt the hint of amusement from his words. "Or traveling to a country?"

"Sorry, boss." Jazz chimed in. "I've got rookies to teach and my class are competing with Smokescreen. Finals is coming."

"I understand, you may take your leave." Jazz stood up and did a quick stretch to his arms. He bid his farewell to you and Optimus. He opened the door, slide out from the gap and gently close it.

"As for you, little one, keep learning and your skills will do wonders to the team." He was praising you for doing a good job. You can imagine, your father barged into the room and tackled you with his bear-like hug.

"O-oh, um, thank you." You have no reaction whatsoever. He had stunned you. The great leader had struck you with his voice and his words.

"You can send your reports on any time. There is no rushing to submit it." Optimus stood up from his seat. "You're father would be proud of you." He then pierced your soul with a gentle smile.

Help me, I think I'm dying, your soul whimpered. Both mentally and emotionally.

"N-no problem, OP." You stuttered. The pendrive was still plug in. You quickly make a fast clean of the hard drive and then, ejecting the pendrive out from its position.

"If you need me, I'll be walking around the base. I have to evaluate the cadets and the Autobots." With two long strides, Optimus left the room.

It was a few minutes you spent in the room. Deciding to wake up, slap yourself or punch your brain out.

"You alright there, sheila?" You didn't hear Crosshairs footsteps, whom entered the room with perfect stealth.

"O-oh!" Cat had definitely caught your tongue when you angled your face upwards. Crosshairs wasn't in his usual garments. Instead he greeted you with a black tank top that showed his chiselled body and his skin. They were gleaming. With sweat.

Please end me. Your soul begged.

"I-I just told Optimus and Ultra Magnus about the files we recovered from yesterday mission." Your eyes would take themselves away. "Ultra Magnus was kind in a piss mood when OP doesn't want to chase the watch. He suggest that some of us could go to the library or travel to different countries, to learn about them."

"No need to tell me, sheesh." Crosshairs scoffed. "I was asking if you are alright. You look like someone had blackmail you and I would kill that person if they did that."

You abruptly stood up. The pendrive was safely tucked away in your jacket, in the hidden pocket. Trying to be calm, you answered him. "Maybe." You left him hanging as you walked out from the room.

Crosshairs rolled his eyes. "Reporting is a bitch."

• • •

"As expected from Soundwave, he had brought the data we need to find that device." Megatron paced around the meeting room. He was pleased on the report and the data. Everything was well and it was running smoothly.

"My liege, how long should we wait?" Starscream spoke out. His wings were fidgeting from not flying. He was clipped to the ground.

"Patience, Starscream." His back was facing the wall as the door automatically open and revealed Soundwave and Shockwave. Both of their minds had the same thought.

"All is well, if you wait."