The kiss was full of so much passion, want and need. It was perfect. I groaned lightly into the kiss, making Xander press me back into the bed as he climbed on top of me. He pressed his body into mine and I felt his hands roam down to my waist and he held me delicately before moving his hand under the edge of my shirt. I gasped at his touch. His fingers danced tenderly over scars on my stomach but it didn’t bother me. It felt oh so good.

                His kisses traced down from my lips and across my jaw before he pulled away to look at me intensely.

                “Don’t be sorry. I know why you did it. I thought I lost you. When you came back… I- I saw you and thought you were dead but you are here and alive. I love you so much Jennifer Turner. Never ever forget that,” Xander spoke, with such love and compassion.

                He then placed a kiss on my jaw and sighed. He began to dot kisses down my jaw and my neck making me laugh slightly. I faintly heard him murmur under his breath in between the kisses.

                “Beautiful.” Kiss. “Gorgeous.” Kiss. “Brave.” Kiss. “Kind-hearted.” Kiss.

                He stopped and placed himself next to me on the bed and pulled me to him hugging me close. He buried his head in my hair and I felt him smile into it.

                “I am never going to let you go. We will get through this. We have made it through worse,” Xander promised.

                “I know we will. I will never leave you again. I love you Xander,” I sighed hugging him to me…

                I woke up in the morning so happy. I was literally beaming on the inside. He was making me feel so at ease. I loved feeling like this. I love the security and the safety in which just being near him made me feel. I couldn’t give this up. I had always tried to be selfless and do the right thing but you know what? Screw it! Screw it all! I was going to be selfish and I was going to stay with my mate no matter the problems it would cause.

                Xander’s arm was draped over my waist and he was snuggled into my back. It felt so right. It felt natural. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I wriggled around so that I was now facing him. He stirred lightly before falling back asleep. I looked over his sleeping form. His hair was messy and splayed in all directions. It was the most adorable sight I had ever seen.

                I moved a stand of hair out of his face before peppering a kiss onto the tip of his nose. I watched him stir before I did it again. He stirred from his sleep and groggily opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled.

                “Morning,” He spoke, before rubbing his eyes.

                “Morning,” I replied, happily.

                “I think it is time we told one of the doctors that you were awake,” Xander explained.