Chapter Nine- Daddy Why?

Start from the beginning

"I was just thinking about it and decided I'd ask you." he smiled. "Another question, how would you feel if, in a year or two, I asked you to be my wife?"

He was putting me in an uncomfortable position. "Well, depends on our feelings towards each other at that time. Anything can happen between now and then. Our relationship is still young, we barely touching the barrel." I answered truthfully.

He chuckled. "I gots me a smart one."

"Shut up, you knew I was smart. I showed you my report card that one time." I giggled slightly.

"I know, I was just checking you for common sense." he chuckled.

I nodded as we pulled up to The Waffle House. We parked. Everyone was already there, waiting. We always late.

Anthony killed the engine and got out of the car. He walked over to my side and opened my door. I stepped out onto the pavement. He put his arms around my waist as we we walked to entrance where everyone waited on us.

"Alright, let the feast begin." West said over dramatically.

"Nigga, you can feast by your damn self on a separate tab." Trey joked as we walked to our table.

We all sat down and told the waitress what we wanted to eat and drink. I ordered 2 pancakes, bacon, and orange juice. After everyone ordered and the waitress left, conversation started back up.

"So, love birds, what's up with y'all?" Te'osha egged on, everyone was looking at us now.

The waitress had came back and gave us our drinks, but that still didn't steer the conversation from Anthony and I. I sip on my orange juice to avoid talking.

"Autumn is moving in, after graduation." he said, like it wasn't a big deal.

Everybody stopped at looked at us. Oh, shit.

"Word?" Trey asked.

"Yeah, I'm serious. It'll be safer if she stays with me, you know?" he said nervously playing with the salt and pepper.

"What you mean, 'safer'?" Te'osha asked, clearly trying to find the meaning behind what he said.

"It's not my place to tell you. Ask her." he said directing all attention to me. I looked up and explained the Tyrone situation and the thing about my Dad and how he was never home, lately.

"Nah, Ma that ain't right. Let us catch that nigga beating on you, we gone get active." Trey said with a crazy look on his face. This guy was serious as hell.

"Yeah, that's some bull." West said shaking his head.

"I would have never guessed you was going through some shit like that, girl." Te'osha said, also shaking her head.

"Hell nah, I'm with Trey on that. We gone have to get active." Nichelle stated as she joined the trend of shaking her head.

I was warmed that they cared so much about me and my safety and they only met me, yesterday.

"Yeah, I figured it was a start. I'm trying to leave that in the past and start a new future with new people that are going to help me strive to be better." I explained.

Everyone nodded and agreed as food was brought to the table. Everyone dug in on their plates. We were silent for a while, until Trey broke the silence again.

"But that's good for you, Autumn." he said with a mouth full of hash browns.

"Oh, oh...while we're all here I have an announcement." Te'osha stated as she wiped her mouth.