Chapter 6

HIYAS!!!!!!!!  ;D

.....

...ON WITH THE STORY THEN!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ookami's POV)

Silence.  That's what we traveled home in.  But, no, not just any normal, comfortable silence, a really awkward silence.  Even Sakura, who had been gushing over Sasuke ever since he came back from the dead.  She thinks he's even more amazing now, if that's even possible. 

Anyways, everyone was just itching to question me about what happened, but at the same time, they didn't.  Naruto, of course, was the one to speak.  I struggled not to smile at his predictability.  "What did Zabuza mean, when he said that you weren't human, Ookami-chan?"  He asked, quietly for once, but it was very loud to our ears, much like he was screaming it to the world.  The question everyone wanted the answer for.

Silence ensued once more.

Then, I spoke, shrugging nonchalantly.  "I'm not human.  It's quite simple, really."

Naruto furrowed his brow, "But you look like a human to me!"

I laughed, jumping onto his back and wrapping my arms around his neck.  "Science, my blond friend, science."

He was still confused, as were Sasuke and Sakura.  Kakashi, on the other hand, looked like he was thinking about something.  He looked troubled, and took a glance at me, not noticing I was watching him.  He seemed to analyze me, and he took on a bit of a guarded look.  I watched with sad eyes as he put two and two together.  The news of my little display at the lab had traveled across the land and there was a little article about what the scientists were trying to do and they presumed that 'the beast' - aka me - had escaped.  What they didn't know was that I escaped after they had combined me with the human, so they thought a beast was on the loose.

I forced a smirk onto my face as Kakashi's eyes hardened, though I could see sadness in them. "Figure something out, Kakashi?"  I asked, dreading this moment.  This was it, I was gone.  No more team, no more missions, kicked out again.

"Naruto, get over here."  Kakashi called, stopping short behind us, and I felt panic rise in me.  I didn't want to let go of Naruto - it was one thing to lose the team and any other friends, but Naruto and I had grown close.  I tightened my hold on him, but eventually - and reluctantly - released the blond boy, who was confused. 

"Why?"

"Just come over here!"  Kakashi replied with urgency. 

"What?  Think I'll bite?"  I asked, forcing amusement into my tone, while my chest tugged painfully.

"I don't know, will you, wolf?"  Kakashi spat, though I could tell it was forced - that he didn't really want to be cruel to me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Now that would just be rude, not to mention strange in this body.  Imagine, this seemingly human girl biting someone as a form of an attack.  I think that would be pretty sad, considering she could punch him or something.  Bites are much more effective with a mouthful of canine teeth."  I was being cautious, he hadn't mentioned beasts yet, so maybe he just thought that I was some sort of wolf-human mutation - normal wolf, though, not beast wolf.

Kakashi seemed to scan me with his eyes, then relaxed, giving me a sheepish smile.  "Sorry, it's just how you acted around Zabuza, I couldn't risk any animalistic tendencies to endanger allies along with the enemies."

Giving him a close eyed smile, I was internally thanking Kami.  "No problem, Kakashi!  I'd probably feel the same way if I was in your position!"

"What?"  Naruto asked, not understanding what was going on.

I dragged him back over to me before hoppping back onto him, grinning.  I wouldn't be letting go of him for a while.  "Naruto, I'm a wolf."  I opened my mouth a little wider and ran my tongue along the points of my canines.

His eyes widened in realization, before they narrowed and he crossed his arms stubbornly.  "I knew that!  Believe it!"

I found it kind of cute and giggled slightly, burying my head in his neck.  "Yeah, Naruto, we believe it..." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's dreadfully short!  But, this was the best point to end off!  So, thanks for reading anyways!   >.<