Chapter 3

And here it is!  Another chapter!!!  Boo-to-the-YAH!  Sorry for the wait...  Anyways, you know the ritual!  Thanks!  

~wolvez_rule_364

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

To put it simply, after we were done with our little talk, we went out and celebrated our (sort of) victory against  Kakashi before going home.  I had been making progress on my plans to massacre the entire leaf village (did I forget to mention that?), and was feeling rather proud of my handiwork.  I'd gained the trust of Team 7 and the rest of the village from our little missions over those few weeks that we'd been doing silly little 'missions' such as rescuing a cat and stuff like that.  But, suddenly, Naruto decided that he didn't want to have to do those missions anymore and when we were with the Hokage, he voiced his opinion in that weird way of his.  And, to everyone's surprise, the Hokage ended up giving in and giving us a C-ranked mission.  

My 'invisible' ears perked up and my also 'invisible' tail swished back and forth slightly in anticipation.  But my hopes were crushed when a drunken man entered, positively reeking of sake.  I scrunched up my nose and sneezed, the smell was just too strong for my sensitive nose.

"I'm the bridge builder Tazuna."  He stopped and looked at us.  And then, the man had the nerve to insult us, "I'm supposed to trust my life with these brats?  Is that little midget with the idiotic look on his face even a ninja?"

Naruto, being Naruto, didn't realize he was the one being talked about at first.  "Ha ha, who's the midget with the stupid face?"  Then he realized it was him.  

That set Naruto off, but Kakashi held him back, saying, "Naruto, we can't kill the man we're supposed to protect!"  

Once Naruto calmed down enough, we left the village.

I felt my tail bristle as I sensed we had company, and then I saw the puddle.  My discomfort level sky-rocketed, until I sensed that they were nothing to worry about.  I still felt the need to warn Sensei... er, Kakashi, that is.  I walked up to him nonchalantly, and whispered low enough so that no one heard, "There's a puddle."

His eyes bore into mine and they showed pride and approval.  I was shocked, I had never had someone look at me that way...  It was always with hatred, disgust, and fear.  I was a demon, a beast.  But, he didn't know that, of course, if he did everything would be different.  I felt a pang in my chest, making me frown as I leapt over to the bridge builder as the fighting began.  Was I having a heart attack...?  No, I wasn't old enough...  I was actually 14 (for those who've already read this, I've changed it back because I realized it would be strange being stuck in a 13 year old's body when your 14, I mean, what's the difference, it's only a single year, anyways, so yeah...XD), so not only the most dangerous of demons, but the youngest, too.  Well...  I suppose I shared both of those titles with him, too.  I shook away the thoughts.  Focus, Ookami, I told myself.

The ninjas didn't even know what gave them away.  They asked, "How did you know we were there?"

"There wouldn't be a puddle where it hasn't rained in weeks.  Even a mere Genin like Ookami noticed."  Kakashi explained.  But I was no mere Genin...

They narrowed their eyes at me, but I paid them no heed.  When they were gone, we all focused on Naruto, because they had poison in their nails, so he stabbed his hand, successfully getting the poison out and making a pretty cool oath, if I do say so myself, but in the process losing so much blood that if we didn't patch him up soon, he would die.  I walked over and saw that it had already started healing.  I made a slight, "Ah..." noise in understanding.  The Kyuubi.