Chapter 5

Heh, you guys are lucky I'm such a sickly person and have to stay home AGAIN with strep throat AND the flu.  I feel like I've been run over by a truck... So, what better way to make myself feel slightly better than writing for the few readers I have, eh?  XD  Read on! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ookami's POV)

We walked confidently through the village, Tazuna right with us, as always.  I had successfully avoided anymore questioning concerning my tail and ears by just sort of stalking Naruto and Sasuke in the woods and staying away from anyone.  Apparently, when I was talking to Kyuubi, or, rather, getting on Kyuubi's nerves, Inari told us that we were wasting our time and that we could never beat Gato.  Luckily, I wasn't there because I probably would've laughed.  Hysterically.  But, I wasn't, so Naruto handled it, and then I heard Kakashi talking to him afterwards, too.  

One of my ears twitched and my tail bristled.  I stopped and lifted my nose into the air, and then sensed Zabuza's chakra along with the brat from before.  My lips twisted into a grin and I chuckled.  Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura, and Tazuna all turned to look at me.  We had left Naruto behind because he had trained himself to the point of utter exhaustion and needed some extra rest.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~!"  I sang, throwing a kunai with lightning fast speed into a tree right next to Zabuza's head.  My teammates and Tazuna all jumped, and I heard the dark chuckle of Zabuza as he and the brat came out of hiding.  "Finally... you know, I was getting bored just waiting around for you."  I pouted.

My teammates, Tazuna, Zabuza, and the brat were all shocked by my words and the sadistic grin that I allowed to appear on my lips.  Then Zabuza grinned as well, "Heh, big mouth you've got there, let's see if your bite is as big as your bark..."  And then his mist formed and he disappeared into it, though my keen eyes easily followed his figure throughout it.  I tsked, shaking my head.  "You're gonna have to do better than that, Zabuza, if you plan on a fun match!"

I appeared behind him in an instant, teammates and mission forgotten, focusing only on my prey.  "Over here~!"  I teased, watching with an amused air as he turned in what they thought was a fast pace.  He swung at me with his large sword, and I waited until the very last moment to appear behind him again.  Que repeat.  It was like a game of cat and mouse, except I was a wolf in disguise as a mouse, merely toying with the cat until I was bored.

Finally Zabuza realized the pattern (not too bright, are ya?  XD  Just kiddin, I love Zabuza and Haku, bad Ookami!) and he kept swinging so that he whipped around to me instead of halting and turning before swinging.  I vaguely was aware of Kakashi and Sakura yelling out to me, but I just smirked.  I lifted up a hand and stopped the sword, holding it between my thumb and forefinger.  Zabuza gaped, and I just faced him with my cocky smirk and eyebrow cocked, free hand resting on my hip.  "I expected more from the Demon of the Mist, Zabuza," I chastised lightly.

I leaped back, taking a glance at the protective manner in which Sakura and Kakashi stood in front of Tazuna, and after approving of their position, I looked over to the large ice prison in which the brat and Sasuke and... was that... yes, Naruto, too.  They weren't doing very well, and I felt the nagging feeling of worry build up inside of me before I shoved it down again.

I turned back to Zabuza, who had closed his mouth and was now staring at me, fully taking in my appearance, undoubtedly scrutinizing my tail and ears.  "What are you?"  he asked, and I could tell he was actually curious.

I smirked, appearing behind him again.  He whipped around and I shrugged, before giving him a toothy grin as I ran my tongue over my canines in a very animalistic way.  "A beast," I said, allowing my voice to take on a more demonic tone, causing his eyes to widen.  I let loose and laughed as I wished to last night.