Alternate Endings

Alternate endings is about how this book would've ended.

Kordelia looked down at the letter written in perfect cursive. All handwriting was unique, but his just seemed so extraordinary and magnificent.

It made her smile wide. Klaus liked how she smiled, but he didn't like what she was smiling at. Elijah sat next to her, reading the letter over her shoulders like the protective brother he was. Freya, Rebekah, and Hayley were all sat there squealing about how she should read it aloud, but this was her memory, her secret lover that never came near. Hope was as curious as the rest of them, looking at her mother, waiting for an explanation. Kol was sat there teasing her.

"Oh, I love you so much, Kordelia," he joked. "I love you, too, Damon!" He said in a girly voice as Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Oh, shut up," Kordelia told him, throwing a hat at him.

She looked down at the letter and felt the old paper. She noticed the crinkle from his thumb and forefinger. And she closed it back up, seeing the red wax that sealed it, but not before reading it over...

Dear Kordelia,

I remember how to write formally, and I know you were gone so long. So, I'm doing this in an old fashioned manner. The paper is from what Stefan had kept, and, for some odd reason, he did keep old paper. The quill happens to be mine, I just needed some ink (which I also got from Stefan). The wax stamp was mine, too, when I was a human. I'm really not sure why I kept such things.

Anyways, onto the letter. I'm overjoyed that you're living and breathing again. It truly broke my heart to see you laying there, all burnt up. You were in Klaus' arms. I miss you. Stefan kept saying I was pushing everyone away after you died, but what was I supposed to do? Immediately turn to Elena?

I'm sorry this unsentimental letter took so long to make it to you, but I've rewritten it many times and didn't read your letter after a week or so when you sent it. I didn't believe it was you, until you called Stefan.

I love you, I truly do. I've only ever loved three times in my life, and I'm glad you're one of the women. I'm sorry I cannot visit you, but Mystic Falls keeps getting crazier by the minute. I guess this is farewell, Kordelia.

Love always,
Damon.

P.S.
Wow, it's hard to write letters like people used to. Gosh that took some real man power.