Chapter Eleven

There was forty-seven cells. Forty-seven cells for forty-seven people from the sky that stumbled into the oh-so welcoming arms of Mount Weather. Clarke was right all along, and we were all dumb enough to ignore her. She got out. She got out just in time before we all turned into blood bags.

          How could the human race be so cruel to their own kind?

           I was numb all over, panicked, shaky, and not to mention hungry. How could I even stomach the idea of food in this situation? Especially when I know what is going to happen to me in the next several days.

          I sat in the corner of my cage; the cage was labeled with a number two near the large padlock. The large padlock that was strong, stronger than my gripping and pulling fingers that were greedy for freedom.The only thing I heard was two shallow, steady breath's, belonging to me and Harper.

          She was way gone into a deep slumber that overtook her through pain. I had made sure when they dragged her body into this long dank hall and threw her in the cell above mine that she was still breathing. She was breathing, which means Dr. Tsing and Cage didn't want to kill us. Which lead to my further terrible thought that where I most likely won't be only getting one time being drilled into to the point of exhaustion.

          Even though the drill was still whirling, Harpers screams were long gone. She was passed out (hopefully) from the pain, from the tears, the agony. My heart pounded wildly in my body. I was screaming on the inside; I didn't want to die. My eye's were extremely puffy and dry from the amount of tears soaking my cheeks.

          My lip quivered when I heard the drill stop. Heart plummeting down into a dark void where I knew it would never come back. It was my time, it was my time, it was my time. I thought I couldn't cry anymore; I was wrong.

          I pounded my head against the cage, again and again. My brain told me to stop as it rattle from the force. Though, my head continued against the thin yet powerful metal bars. I did it again, harder for good measure. The headache was pressing on, slobber and snot all over my face. i wasn't a pretty sight.

          "No," I bellowed as I heard the door sweep open.

         I banged my head harder; if I could knock myself out before I was at the table I won't feel anything. Those words set a spark through me, then a fury rushed through my blood. I screamed, ready to kick the person standing in front of my small cell. My hollering stopped as I noticed that the man wasn't interested in me. I was not going to die; at least not now.

          He opened the cell above mine and with a grunt through a limp body into it. Harper crumbled, moaning softly in her sleep. The mans shadow across the wall flickered under the sputtering lights, and in a blink he was gone.

           It had been hours since then, and the only sound was mine and Harpers shallow, shaky breath. I thought I never would face so much terror. But within the next minute I was wrong.

          Clarke and Bellamy walked down a stretch of a lonely road. Surrounding them was endless woods, a potential alliance with the grounders, and a few people from the Ark that deemed a large enough credibility to be able to walk amongst the gods of the new earth.

          Bellamy laughed in his head, to himself, thinking about how stupid his people were to think that an alliance with the grounders would solve everything. He wouldn't trust them, not ever. The only person he trusted her was standing beside him, Clarke. The other people he trusted was either dead or in the goddamn mountain. And for all he knew, the people in the mountain could be dead too. His people, his Blithe. They could be dead.