Chapter Eight

Questions

          Clarke was filled with bliss. She completely forgot what she had left behind; not even a wavering echo of her sister haunting her now. Her heart was hammering with excitement. As she hugged her friend, Raven Reyes, she remembered the old times back at the drop ship. No smile could vanish off her face today, as she pulled away she looked down to Ravens knee, which was covered in a make-shift brace. Raven's whole body was supported by crutches, a pain stung through Clarke's chest.

          "Raven, I..." Clarke fumbled for lost words for her friend.

          "It sucks but, I'm dealing with it." Raven nodded with a fake smile. Clarke set her jaw tight.

            In the distance a metal on metal scratching sounds filled the lively camp. Clarke's attention was torn away from the mechanic as a group of guards flanking the entering group. Clarke's face expression soften as she saw a familiar face among them.

          "Bellamy." Clarke's voice was breathless, it was good to see him alive.

          "Go," Raven said, "I'll catch up."

          Clarke didn't wait another second. Her whole body was full of pain, hips and back sore, feet burning from the days of running from the mountain men. But she rant o him, with the biggest smile on her face. Her friend, Bellamy, didn't even see her coming until she hugging him tight. Bellamy's arms waited a few seconds before realizing who it was. Clarke.

          He smiled brightly, something he hadn't done until he saw Octavia a few hours prior. He hugged her tightly back, his eyes closing with relief. A thought jumped into his head; if Clarke was around, then so was Blithe.

          They pulled away, leaving a smirking Octavia that muttered something under her breath. Bellamy didn't hear her, his mind to preoccupied on finding Blithe. Where was she?

          "Where's Blithe?" Bellamy voice was hoarse, full of hope.

          The way Clarke's smile dropped off her face made Bellamy's heart stop. That wasn't a good sign. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it after no words fell from her lips.

          "Where is she?" He kept his voice low, trying to shake off fear and worry.

          "Bellamy, she's alive, but—"

           "You left her alone?!" Anger ripped through him.

           "I didn't have a choice!" Clarke's tone matched his, "She didn't want to come with me."

          "Why not, that doesn't sound like her." Bellamy set his jaw.

          "She's not herself," Clarke whispered and looked at her boots.

          "Wh- what do you mean? Not herself?" Bellamy demanded.

          Octavia shoved her hands in her pockets. Watching Bellamy and Clarke argue upset her. Especially about Blithe. The conversation was travelling down a somber lane. And in front of a gather crowd of people? She spoke up.

           "Maybe we should do this somewhere private?" She gestured around her.

           Clarke nodded. Bellamy followed behind the strong leader into the medical ten a minute walk from the gates. Raven met them half way, a concerned look painted on her face. Octavia beckoned her to follow the group. Bellamy stopped short when Clarke turned around as they entered the tent.