Chapter Ten

Next

          "I'm tired of puking," Harper complained.

           Six of them sat on two beds, discussing their plots ver loud music. I was with them, even though I wasn't going to join them in their blood giving activities. I didn't trust them. Mount Weather, at least. I had a gut feeling to trust Monty, Jasper, Harper and Miller, and I followed that. The other two people, I didn't know their names nor recognized them.

          "I'm tired of being a human pincushion," Miller quipped.

          "I'm tired over everyone complaining," I muttered, hoping no one would hear me under the loud music. I was wrong.

          Miller jabbed at my side with a playful tone he said, "How about you try being sacrificial for a few days. You'll complain along with us."

          "I already told you," I grumbled with a distasteful glare, "I'm not going near that infirmary until I remember what they did to me while I was out."

          "Yeah yeah. 'Cause you're so speci—"

           "Shut it you two," Harper snapped, waiting for Jasper to speak.

          "Look," Jasper sighed unpleasantly, "I know this sucks, but as long as it seems like we're cooperating, we're buying ourselves time."

          Miller shook his head. "Time for what? I say if we're gonna die in here, we might as well die trying to escape."

          "We've been over this." Jasper grumbled angrily under the bunk beds, " After Clarke left, there is no escape. We just have to hold on long enough for her to find a way to get us out."

          As much as I liked hopeful jasper, there was something that pulled at me. A pit in my stomach. I didn't want to believe it but, someone falling a good few stories up into a dam full of water? It doesn't sound logical to me that she would survive.

          "What if she doesn't find a way?" Monty said, his head in his hands, pointing out something we all didn't want to agree on. "What if she didn't make it out?"

          "Monty," I placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked over to me. "Are you forgetting that I was there? I begged her not to go, but she jumped, and I don't know if she survived."

          "Wait," Miller raised his eyebrows at this new information, "You were there?"

          "I just said that."

          "You know a way out then. How did you get out?" Miller asked, leaning forward, way more into the conversation just like everyone now.

         "I-I" I fumbled with words, how could I tell them that I didn't remember? "I went out with guard, Jonah, but I don't exactly remember the ways through the tunnels."

        "Tunnels?"

         "Anyways, we're not here to talk about. Clarke could be dead. And if she is, no one's coming for us, which means we're doing what they want us to do." I brushed my hair back, hoping these words stuck in Millers head before he could ask about tunnels and escape plans again. "And who knows until they'll want more than just our blood."

          Monty and Harper nodded with me. I pressed my lips in a straight line, waiting for someone else to speak. My words seemed to effect them.

           "Jasper..." Monty started, "You know you've though it, too."

          Jasper swallowed the information hard. He shook his head in disbelief, not wanting to think about what else Mount Weather could have in store for us. He sighed, looking down at his crossed limbs against the red sheets on the bed.