Chapter Two

Amnesiac Part Two - Chapter Two

I sat in the dining hall, a large instrument that was called a piano played softly in the background. It was nice and calming, but I was still upset over the whole memory thing. I frowned as I shoved another piece of chocolate cake into my mouth, I have never tasted anything so good. After Clarke had told me that this boy named Jonah wasn't part of the group I had left quietly, following the new map back to the bunk rooms.

My wardrobe was carefully tucked under a doubled bed, beside it was my sisters. I had sat on the lower comforting bed for that time and read a small book about plants that was placed on the bedside table, waiting for someone to call me down.

Soon enough a recorded voice in a speaker told me it was dinner time. So I walked down the hall and into the dining room, it was convent that our rooms where on the same floor as the dining area. That lead me here, stuffing my mouth with cake like I had never eaten before; who knows, I could've starved in my life before this and I wouldn't know.

I placed my fork down on the side of the china plate and rested my hands on my very full stomach. I jumped at the sound of a chair being pulled back on the cement, the two boys from before sat down at the table with a plate of dessert in their hands. They both gave me a large laugh and sat down. The one in the light green collared shirt turned to me in his seat and gave me a flashy smile.

"Okay, so since you don't remember us I thought we could start over." He spoke with an excited tone.

I smiled at the idea. "Great I'm open to anything. Well, I'm Blithe, but you already know that, and you two are...?"

They chuckled at my rambling, the boy across from me in the blue shirt replied. "I'm Monty and this is Jasper."

Jasper rolled his eyes at his friend. "I think I can speak for myself."

We started to laugh at his sassy remark. The smile on my face didn't falter as I picked up my fork and ate another piece of the rich cake. I felt Jasper watch me carefully as I placed my fork down again. I started laughing, I placed a hand in front of my mouth so I didn't spit food every where.

After a few moments of laughter and me licking cake crumbs off my lips, I regained myself. Jasper groaned as he shoveled a spoonful of cherry pie into his mouth, he raised his eyebrows when he noticed me watching him.

After swallowing Jasper gave me a cheeky look, "What?"

"You enjoying that pie?" I raise my left eyebrow and quirk up a smirk with it.

"You have to try it." Jasper hushed me, pushing his plate to me.

"Oh my gosh, that is good." I moan in delight after having a small shovelful. "Monty, you have to have a piece."

Monty took the plate form my hands and cut his silver fork into the cherry pie. Chewing Monty's pale pink lips turned up in a smile at the delicious taste. He gave the plate of pie back to Jasper, I noticed now that we had the same cake. Jasper took another bite out of the pie, none left.

"Hmm, my turn." Jasper brought his fork down to Monty's plate, who quickly pulled it away from his grabby fingers. He scowled and turned to me but I followed Monty's actions.

"You wouldn't like it, the pie's way better." I lied through my teeth, Jasper squinted his eyes at me.

He brought his fork down quickly at my plate but I stood up from my seat and put the plate behind my back, out of his reach. Jasper stood up and starts to wave his fork in the air. Monty glances between us, an innocent smile on his face.