Chapter 9

Reader's Pov

Once you got to Olive Garden you finally asked Max what was on your mind the entire ride. "Max, why are you wearing that fedora?" you asked him.

"Oh," he laughed a little. "I forgot about that. Ross wanted me to wear it." he said and took it off and was gonna set it in the back of car when you grabbed it and put it on your head.

"How do I look?" you asked him.

"Beautiful." he said and took a picture of you and you both laughed. You then put it on him and headed inside. It didn't take long for your table to be ready and once it was you both headed in and sat down. You wondered your favorite drink and Max ordered his. Then heaven came out of the oven. Bread sticks and you both didn't hesitate to eat it. "This is so good." Max said.

"Agreed." you said.

"So how was living with Adam?" he asked you.

"Fun yet not fun. He would have his friends come over and those would be the only time he wouldn't hang out with me other than that he did whatever I wanted him to do, even princess dress up." you said and Max laughed.

"Really?!" he said and you nodded taking a sip of your drink. Then the waiter came and you both ordered your food. You two kept on talking and you were having the best time of your life.

~time skip to after Olive Garden~

You and Max were just going for a walk around the park laughing and having a good time. "Can I ask you something?" Max said.

"Sure, go ahead." you answered.

"I was thinking about making my own YouTube channel and leaving the office. What do you think about that?" he asked.

"Truthfully I think that if you want to do it than you should. Take a risk and I'm sure it will end up great." you said and he smiled. He then leaned in for a kiss when....

"Well well well. What are you two doing out so late?" a guy wearing ripped jeans and a black shirt said coming out of no where.

"Stay behind me." Max mumbled to you and you did as he said. "What do you want?"

"What? Can't a guy just be walking around the park late at night?" he said.

"Than why are you talking to us?" you asked in a tone that was close to a hiss.

"Feisty. I like it." the guy said then he turned to Max. "I'll leave you alone if you give me the girl."

"Never. If you want her you have to get past me." Max said then the guy started to fight Max. Fist he tried to punch Max in the face but Max blocked it then kneed him in the stomach. The guy backed up but didn't give up. He aimed for Max's stomach but as Max was going to block it the guy punched Max in the face. Max fell back. The guy then got on top of Max and started to punch him multiple times. You reached into your shoe and grabbed your knife you always carry with you. You then pushed the guy off of Max and pinned him to a tree putting the knife up to his neck.

"You are going to leave us alone otherwise this pretty little knife of mine will make a home in your throat." you said strictly. He nodded his head and you let him go. He turned around and started to walk towards Max to help him.

"Watch out!" Max said but it was too late. You were tackled to the ground and was turned to face the sky. Of curse the guy you pinned on the tree was on top of you.

"On second thought," he said then took your knife from your hand. "why doesn't your knife finds a home in his mom." he said and was leading the knife too your throat. You felt it touch your skin lightly then there was some pressure but then the guy on top of you fell to the floor causing a line on your throat but not deep enough to kill you. Thankfully. You looked and saw Max on top of the guy.

"Don't you dare touch her again!" Max said then started to punch the guy over and over again not stopping. He was full of rage. You got up and headed towards then and as Max was about to throw a punch you stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"That's enough!" you said and Max looked at you. He nodded his head, grabbed your knife and got up. He was hurt so you helped him to his car putting him in the passengers seat. You got into the drivers seat.

"(F/N)." Max said and you looked at him and he grabbed your face tilting it to look at the cut with blood dripping down.

"I'll be fine Max." you said and he let go of your face. "But I'm more worried about you." you said. "You can sleep over at my place. I'll call Jess and Shelbby and see if they can sleepover tomorrow night." you said pulling out your phone and started to text them.

"You don't have too." Max said.

"One it's too late and two do you really think that Jess pretending to be my mother or father will allow you in my house with me having this cut and me asking if you can stay the knight?" you said.

"Ok yeah you're right." Max said and you laughed a little. You then started the car and headed back to your house. Once you were there you saw the Jess' and Shelbby's cars are gone so you parked in your driveway and helped Max in. You lead him to one of the guess rooms and lied him down. You were about to leave when he grabbed your hand. "Stay." he said and you just smiled.

"Alright." you said and kissed his forehead and lied down next to him. He rapped his arm around you and you both slowly fell asleep.