Chapter 6: Another Day Together

/Prince's p.o.v./

I woke up to see that Anxiety was already missing from my side. That's strange... I thought. He sure has started getting up early. I miss his warmth... I pouted before dramatically throwing off my blankets, and getting up.

I dressed into my normal attire, and made my bed, before walking out of my room, being sure to close the door behind me.

It really is strange though, and the way he was afraid last night... I thought he liked the dark. I feel like maybe he didn't tell me something... like something else is wrong. I tried to convince myself it wasn't true, but something deep inside told me it was.

I was walking past Anxiety's room and suddenly the door squeaked open a large crack. Like someone had opened it, but no one was there. I was confused Anxiety never left his door open, and I do remember it being securely shut last night.

I decided to peek in. Again no one was there. "Anxiety?"

No reply.

I hesitated looking down the hall and back before stepping into the room. I walked in scanning the bathroom and room before my eyes hit a spot on the ground. I gasped at the sight leaning down to the red stain. Is that blood? It was dry, but still prominently red. Wh-what happened? I followed the smaller drips to his bedside table and opened the drawer. Sitting there was a small knife covered in blood. I widened my eyes suddenly realizing just what had gone down. "ANXIETY?!" I yelled in horrified worry.

"WHAT?!" His slightly annoyed sounding voice came from the direction of the kitchen.

I ran out of the room into the kitchen to see him cleaning up his breakfast dishes.

"Honestly don't go screaming bloody murder through the house Patton's still sleeping and, h-hey-!" He was cut off by me suddenly grabbing his elbow.

I pulled him toward me gently forcing his sleeve up. I winced having to look away for a few seconds when I saw the mess. The cuts were scabbing over now, but still seemed painful. "Wh-why..?"

He looked scared now, no scratch that he seemed almost terrified.

"Why did you do this to yourself?" I asked again, this time firmer, meeting his eyes. I felt like I could cry, but tried my best to stay strong.

"I didn't! I mean- I didn't want to... I mean- it wasn't me, well it was, but-" he sputtered out tears forming in his eyes. They started to roll down his cheeks before he shouted. "I don't know, okay?! I didn't want to I really didn't! One minute I was feeling off, and the next..." he sucked in a few breaths. "It was like I blacked out. I don't know how it happened, I'm sorry!" He was spastic now, gasping with tears seeming to endlessly flow from his eyes.

"It's okay Anxiety..." I trailed off pulling him to my chest while embracing him tight. "I'm not angry... I'm just a little freaked out. Just... tell me if something like this ever happens again, or if you feel like it will, okay?"

He nodded slowly managing a small hum of agreement as he buried himself into my chest, crying quietly.

I held him close robbing his arm gently to calm him down.

Patton stepped into the doorway rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He looked slightly worried and confused by the commotion.

I shot him a small smile that said 'everything's okay now', and he nodded like he understood before going back to bed.

-&-

"Prince where are you taking me?" Anxiety asked as he slowly walked to where I was guiding him. He looked so cute trying to figure out where he was going with a blindfold on.

I chuckled a bit. "You'll see."

"I'm not exactly sure if I trust you when I can't see." He huffed slightly.

"Don't worry, we are almost there. Stand here I'll be right back." I told him. "Okay open your eyes."

He untied the blindfold blinking a little to get used to the light before looking around. "Wow this is pretty cool..." he admitted looking around the green grassy plain of grass and wild flowers as wind blew through it. "It's like something out of a fairy tale book."

"That's exactly what it is." I smiled. I then gestured to the blanket and food positioned on the top of the hill. "I wanted to do something to cheer you up, so I thought why not a dinner picnic? I used my creativity to make this place in Thomas' mind. I hope you like it."

"I do... thanks Prince." He let a half smile tug at his lips.

"Come on let's eat." I suggested before helping him up the hill.

-&-

"That was good thanks." Anxiety hummed in delight after he finished his food. He looked across the setting sun.

"I brought cake for desert." I replied.

"No I'm full really." He shook his head.

"You have to at least have a bite. Here just have a nibble of mine." I gently stabbed my fork into the soft spongy pastry before holding it out to him.

He looked at it and then smirked giving a sarcastic little laugh. "Do you have some sort of fascination with feeding me?"

"Maybe." I smirked back. "Come on. Just eat it."

I swear I saw his cheeks tint pink slight before he growled quietly and leaned over, eating the cake off the fork. "Mm yep pretty delicious."

I laughed and continued to eat my piece as we silently watched the colors of the sky shift with the falling sun.

"Thanks for bringing me here." He spoke suddenly. "It really is a nice surprise, and I needed to get away. You really are a good friend, thank you.... and don't expect me to repeat that."

"Oh no of course not." I teased. "And you're welcome. I'll always be here when you need me."

He widened his eyes slightly at my worlds, but didn't look at me or speak.

"What's wrong?" I asked tilting my head.

"Nothing... I just... I've never had anyone tell me stuff like that before. It's almost... comforting." He replied, before another comfortable silence.

I let my eyes wander over to him as he watched the sunset in awe. He's so magnificent... how could I have never seen it before? "Anxiety..." I grabbed his hand that was resting on the blanket next to mine.

He looked over to our hands seeming confused, but before he could say anything I captured his lips in mine. He was obviously shocked and confused at first, but then timidly kissed back.

I deepened the kiss only slightly, both of us melting into it. It felt amazing, not only physically either. I felt like fireworks were going off through my body, my heart was pounding, my head spinning, and all I could think about was he and I in that exact moment. I pulled away when air was needed. I smiled at him catching my breath before saying. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

He still seemed kind of dazed but answered. "Me too."

I smiled brightly before gently rolling him down, and getting on top of him connecting our lips again.

He didn't hesitate to kiss back this time, more deep, and a little less innocent, but still full of passion and meaning. We only pulled apart for small seconds to take breaths before we'd meet each other again. We stayed in that way for a while before the stars started to glisten and we laid side by side gazing up into the night sky, fingers laced together.

Hey guys, yeah I know I'm a sap. XD yay! They kissed! Hopefully it'll stay this nice, but idk depression is still there... vote and comment, bye!
                    ~Hannah😋