Chapter one: Affects more than just the one...

/Roman's p.o.v/

After the new video was done being filmed we all went back to our usual rooms to rest. I was laying on top of my bed when suddenly words from earlier popped into my thoughts.

"You know I only act so mean because..."

I sat up shaking my head. Why am I thinking about that? About Anxiety? I let out an exasperated sigh falling back onto the pillows. But what was he going to say..? I guess I never really thought of the possibility that there would be a reason for Anxiety's constantly cynical nature... What could it possibly be?

I felt an overwhelming sense of drowsiness, but for some reason felt myself unable to sleep. I knew surely nothing was wrong with me. So I came to one conclusion. Thomas... I better go check on him.

I appeared in Thomas' room at around two in the morning and found Anxiety there trying to wake him up after he'd finally fallen asleep.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper yelled.

He turned around only seeming moderately surprised at my appearance. He rolled his eyes, and looked away. He seemed to be trying to act the way he always does but something was off with him. "Uh... my job."

"Stop, let the boy sleep for goodness sake. He can't deprive himself it's not healthy!" I continued moving to the other side of the bed and trying to make Thomas more comfortable.

"Must you be the hero all the time." Anxiety glared still not lowering his voice causing Thomas to shift slightly but not wake.

"Must you be the villain?" I snapped back and even in a quiet tone you could hear the venom in my voice. I was hardly looking at him but I could swear I saw him flinch slightly like the comment hurt him. "What is wrong with you anyways? Why were you doing this?" When I looked up his head was down eyes glued to the floor and hair making a shadow hide his face.

"L-like you care..." he trailed off in a barely audible whisper. "You just don't know... y-you can't understand..."

"Understand what?" I asked bluntly.

"I-I KNOW EVERYONE HATES ME O-OKAY!?!" He suddenly shouted in slight panic as he frantically brought his hands to grip his hair. He sucked in a sharp breath like it suddenly grew hard for him to breathe. "I-I know I'm alone and worthless!" He stumbled back hitting the dresser hard enough to shake the things on top of it, but not knock them off.

Thomas started to stir in his sleep. Restlessly tossing and turning like he was having nightmare. Or...

An anxiety attack... I thought as I worried over him for a few seconds before looking back to Anxiety. He moved his hands from his hair to gripping his arms as he lowered himself to a ball on the floor. I never knew that... when Thomas had attacks it affected Anxiety directly himself, seemingly worse in a way... so it wasn't all just induced... "Anxiety please try and calm down." I said frantically trying to comfort Thomas in his sleep.

"Sh-shut up Princey!" He screamed. "I-I can't! You don't- Oh god..." he kept gasping for breath and curled up more tightening his grip. His eyes were as wide as saucers, his whole body trembling.

I quickly moved around the bed kneeling down to him. "Anxiety shush it's okay..." I awkwardly placed a hand on his shoulder rubbing it soothingly.

He didn't really react.

I looked to his hands they were practically welded to his arms. With how tight they were it must have been painful. "Come on..." I pried his hands away and took them in mine pulling him toward me. "I don't hate you, so please stop... everything is okay, just breathe." I sat down pulling him into my lap. I hugged him toward me, resting my chin on the top of his head as I started to sing softly.

"A dream is a wish you're heart makes, when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartache. Whatever you wish for, you'll keep..." I kept my voice low and alluring slowing the pace of the song a bit to try and make it calming.

He started to catch his breath at a more normal speed now. His trembling, didn't stop, but dulled down considerably. He kept his face hidden.

I looked up to see Thomas back to sleeping peacefully, but I continued to sing in a low hum until Anxiety finally calmed himself down.

-&-

I woke up to a ray of sun shining across my face. I shifted my body feeling a bit stiff, and opened my eyes to see I was still on thomas' floor. Ugh ow... remind me to never sleep on the floor without a pillow again. I sat up rubbing my neck. I then looked over to see Anxiety curled into a ball next to me, breathing soft deep breathes. He's asleep... I've never seen him asleep before...I leaned over him brushing his hair out of his face to look at him. I then found myself blushing. What am I doing... that's creepy to watch someone while they're asleep.

I looked away to Thomas who was also still asleep, not surprisingly, I'm just glad he got some rest. I let out a yawn and stretched as I stood up. Better to leave him in peace. But I don't want to wake Anxiety either... he seems to get less sleep than Thomas. So I carefully took the paler boy holding him bridal style in my arms, making sure not to wake him as I shrunk both of us back into Thomas' mind. I quietly walked down the hall to Anxiety's room and carefully opened the door taking a few steps into his practically pitch black quarters.

I knew he really wouldn't like me lingering around in his room too much so I simply place him onto his bed, pulling the comforter around him, and then left closing the door quietly behind me.

I feel like I've learned a lot about him today... and I kind of want to learn a lot more...

-&-

/???'s p.o.v./

Oh~ so dear old Prince seems to have started taking a liking to Amxiety... I emerged from my hiding place in the closet looking down over the sleeping Anxiety. This changes things... I felt a wicked smile spread across my face. Although... Perhaps I could use this to my advantage...

Hey guys, woo chapter one! XD HAPPY EASTER! So the mysterious figure appears... any guesses on who it may be? Or why he's so interested in Anxiety? If not never fear! All questions will be answered! Vote and comment, bye!
              ~Hannah😋