Chapter 4: Best friends

Trigger warning

/Prince's p.o.v./

I stepped out of my room, quietly closing my door the next morning when I saw Anxiety down the hall. "Anx, wait!" I called jogging over to him with a smile. "Good morning? Did you sleep well?"

"Um... yeah." He trailed off looking to the side.

That didn't sound at all convincing... I found myself frowning slightly. I wish I knew what was going on, but at this rate he won't ever tell me anything. "Hey." I stopped grabbing his hand, causing him to freeze as well. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Princey, don't touch me." He snapped semi-violently before ripping his hand away and quickly continuing to walk down the hall.

I blinked a few times in shock. That was an odd reaction... I then smirked and ran back up to him wrapping my arms around his middle from behind.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?!" He resisted sounding flustered.

"Nope." I replied popping the p. "I will touch you as much as I want. Cause you're my beeeeest friend~" I then picked him up off then ground and spun him around.

"Ah Prince stop, put me down!" He panicked slightly, but then couldn't help but laugh as I spun again.

I stopped, putting him down, but not letting him go. He just laughed?! And it was adorable..!

"Okay... let me go now." Anxiety said quietly pulling away from me. I swear I saw his cheeks tinted pink.

I chuckled a bit. "Come on I'll make breakfast."

-&-

/Anxiety's p.o.v./

"Hey there champ, how was breakfast with Princey?" A voice said as I walked into my room.

"Great you're back... and champ really are you turning into Patton?" I grumbled at the gloomy looking figure who was sitting on top of the dresser.

"I was watching you guys in the hall earlier." He had that smirk on his face again. Not surprising he never smiled for real. He then glared at me. "You seemed pretty happy..."

"Not really..." I backed away from him scared of what he may do next. He's been destroying my life for a while now and I really didn't want this thread of joy I'd found with Prince to be cut away.

"Yeah right, I saw your face." He snapped frowning. "In fact you seemed a lot more than happy. At least for you... don't tell me... you've started to like Prince."

I felt my face heat up at the accusation. "Th-that's ridiculous!" I defended.

"Liar." He growled. "Honestly you don't even need me around, you're going to cause your own emotional turmoil." He jumped down taking a step toward me. "He will never feel the same way for you."

"I know, but-" I was cut off.

"But nothing, you're setting yourself up for heartbreak." He snapped. "You're so delusional Anxiety. He doesn't care about you. He may say and act like he does but that is all it is, an act."

"You don't know that." I said desperately I took a step back feeling tears start to form. I know I shouldn't believe him... he's doing it on purpose, I know he is. He's trying to break me, but I can't help it. That's his power. As much as you know the things he say may not be true, you still believe them.

"I do know that. The only reason he says he cares, the only reason he calls you his friend, is because when he found out how badly you suffer with yourself, he pitied you. He felt bad, guilty even, he saw that you were hurting, saw he didn't do anything, thought maybe he even made it worse, and so to calm his own guilt he decided to help you. He wants to fix you." He continued.