Chapter 51: Past Stays In The Past

Astrid

Heart pounding from my chest, the words swirling round in my head, everything unclear around me. The voices echoing throughout the room. My feet lifted me off the ground, slowly pacing backwards towards the door away from this girl in front of me. "Astrid?" a faint voice murmured my name. I didn't listen; I felt my hand find its place on the handle of the door, twisting it, pushing the door ajar behind me. As soon as the light seeped through the house I made my run. Away from the home I charged, away from the girl, away from all the people spaced in the room. I ran and ran until my feet couldn't carry me further; finding it hard to breathe my back fell backwards stumbling in my stance. Clutching my head listening to the voices in my head screaming at me...

You look just like them?

People in the cell next to me...

It's you...I can't believe it's you...

Lilly and Tyler's daughter...

Your parent's are alive...

That's impossible

Her parents are dead it was confirmed

I clutched my head harder. It felt these words were coming from all around me. Corner from corner, tree from tree, space from space. I twisted around on the spot trying to block the phrases out of my head. It wasn't possible, none of this was possible, how is this possible? Too many questions haunting me, too many phrases running through my brain. "Astrid!" I heard from the distance...or was it close to me? I couldn't tell. My brain more focused on the situation at hand, it couldn't decide on any other situation. I no longer felt the tense position holding my body together. I lost motion of the surroundings around me as all I felt was my body collapse to the ground to not see another picture except darkness.

"Astrid what are you doing?" my mother giggled as I picked up my fathers axe from the table above me "I want to try," I picked the axe from the table, it's weight dragging me down to the floor lying on top of me. Mother laughed making her way over to me, removing the axe from my lap taking me into her arms and holding me close. "One day little warrior, one day you'll be able to wield your own axe," her face was close to mine so I looked at her deeply and lovingly. "And a brave little warrior you are gonna be," father came over to us holding me and my mother close to him. "Just remember Astrid, whatever happens we will always be with you and we will always love you," his kissed my forehead "I love you too daddy."

Nightlight entered my room. The flicker of candlelight illuminated my room as my eyes opened. The warmth from the candle made the shiver through my blood disappear; my eyes wanted to stay closed but as they opened I felt more warmth come from the hand clasped within my own but at the same time the hand felt cold which made me wonder why the hand was giving me warmth. I heard the pacing back and forth, back and forth. My eyes opening fully, I began to notice that I was led down in my room. Head resting up against the cushion, quilt laid over me neatly keeping me warm and in a way secure. "Astrid?" the voice I longed to hear echo through my room. The footsteps stopped pacing and landed next to me. My head tilted to be looking into the eyes of forest emerald.

I felt my heart skip a beat, a small smile spread on my face. His hand twisted through my own as he looked deeply at me "Your okay..." his voice trailed off "I'll leave you two be," I heard Jack's voice say. Hiccup nodded at him and I watched Jack leave us alone. I slowly sat up in bed with Hiccup helping. I looked at him sorrow written all over me. "What happened?" I was able to find the words to speak. "After Hayley said..." he slowed "My parents." I finished for him and he nodded carrying on "You sort of left, like you were here but your mind wasn't and you ran off into the woods. Jack and I followed you, you didn't look well and as we came closer to help you, you collapsed to the ground blacking out," I remembered everything.

"It isn't possible Hiccup...it can't be possible," I was shaking my head at him. He wrapped his arm around me, cradling in the bed next me. I lay up against him, holding onto him tightly, needing his comfort "I know Astrid, we don't know if what she says is true but how would she know your name?" Hiccup stated. I could only think of one thing, the one thing I kept to myself...

She isn't who she says she is?