Chapter 22: Being Me

Astrid

Well I guess being me isn't so bad after all, just like Heather suggested. I made my way into the woods and found my favourite part and set myself in position. Raising my axe I directed it straight towards the tree, rolled collecting it again, throwing towards the next until I could hit everyone in my eyesight. "Careful, with that power you could easily kill someone," I heard a familiar voice laugh behind me.

"Well isn't that what I like to do best," I turned round and faced Hiccup, leaning up against the rotted tree little by little getting demolished by the sharp edge of the axe. "You know sooner or later this tree isn't going to be here," he carried on. "Hm I wonder why?" I sarcastically answered, "I thought you weren't talking to me anyway," I crossed my arms and stared at him. "Well I've had time to think about what happened and how-"

"How I spoke to you, yea gathered that?" I finished for him. He was about to say someone while raising his finger at the same time, but never did continue and dropped the finger. "Look if you wanna have a go at me now, go right ahead because I don't really care, but you really wanna know the truth, that's why you came isn't it?" I really just wanted to get straight to the point.

"No I didn't actually but if you really want to tell me then please go ahead and tell me because I'm really intrigued," he replied. I scoffed towards him in anger along with a little piece of shame attached "You're so pathetic," I stormed off away from him. "Hey, hey, hey!" he came running after me, "What's the matter with you lately?" I couldn't help but laugh, as it couldn't contain itself any longer.

"And there it is, the question we've all been waiting for, the question finally escaped that mouth of yours," all I did was storm in faster. "Alright that's just you getting all over exaggerated," still catching up with me. I stopped abruptly making him skid across the ground losing his balance, "Look everyone needs to stop coming up to me asking if I'm fine or even I know you're hurting but listen to me... It has to stop, I'm not some girl who needs to be watched over every little second because people think I need taking care of... well get this Hiccup just get over it!!"

I had no idea what I just said, even if it made any sense to him because it didn't make any sense to me. All he could do was stand there dumbfounded until he finally blurted "What do you mean 'I know you're hurting'?" I stammered backwards, oh no, my mouth has slipped the words, why did they just slip out? He isn't supposed to know. All I was doing was stammering away from him, arguing against my own thoughts and feelings.

"Astrid, what do you mean?" Everything was all a blur, I didn't want to take in my surroundings any longer I just wanted to run...run far away and never look back. That's exactly what I did. "Astrid wait! Come back!!!" I didn't, I couldn't, I was faster than him, there was no way that he could come and catch me. So all I did was keep going, going and going, until my legs kept screaming at me I had to stop I wasn't going to make it any further.

I slowed down my pace and relaxed a little, and started having the mental argument with myself again. I'm getting good at that lately, it needs to stop. Once I finally stopped running completely I said to myself, "Finally away from him," but someone got slapped against my mouth, arms pulling me tightly, stronger than I am, holding me down. Everything around me started getting all fuzzy, the place felt like it was falling down before and the last thing all I could hear was a voice....

A familiar voice....not in a good way...