| Chapter 6 |

"So, last month we read Plastic Shack. And before we read Late-Autumn's Morning Nightmare. This month we were reading The Little Mermoose," Bee said glaring down at the book in her lap.

Every month Callie, Bee, and Sasha would meet for a Book Nook. Oh! I, as the narrator, forgot to welcome Vivianne, our newest Book Nook member. Welcome, Vivianne!! She can't hear me. I'm the narrator aka the always left out, poor chap of every novel. Like, I do everything and what credit do I get?! None!

Regardless, Callie, Bee, Sasha, and Vivianne were all in a club called the Book Nook. Which was a fake club in which they were supplied free snacks. Although, the club was fake they did read books... sometimes. Other times they just SparkleNoted the whole thing.

"Wasn't it great?!" Sasha exclaimed.

"Great? You mean terrifying, right?" Bee asked.

"Why? What was wrong with it?" Vivianne, who hadn't the chance to read the book, picked up a copy and looked at the cover art.

"Everything," Bee answered.

"Callie, what did you think of it?" Sasha asked her.

Callie sat in her chair suspiciously quiet. I mean, you could rarely get the girl to shut up, so there must be something wrong.

"Callieeee?" Bee waved her hands in front of her best friend's spacey stare. "Wow, you moose've hated the book, huh?"

"Make another pun and I'll merder you!" Callie yelled snapping to attention. "I am the only one who can make puns!"

"That always works," Bee smiled. "Are you alright? Ever since this morning you've been kinda out of it. Is it some weird silence effect of the switch potion from last week?"

"No. It's just... hmm," Callie paused.

"Ooh, do you like someone?! Is that why you have that dazed look in your eyes?" Sasha quizzed.

"No! I think someone likes me, though," Callie pulled a folded note from her pocket. It was a pristine, cream colored paper, scented with a certain musky flavor.

Bee grasped the note from Callie's hands and read the words aloud. "You're as dandy as a dandelion. Yours, Anonymous."

"Ah, love. As fragile as a summer's, kind breeze; yet as determining and doomed as a winter's hug," Vivianne said.

"You're weird," Sasha commented.

"Yeah, you're one to talk, moose girl," Vivianne fired back.

"Touché." She turned to Callie. "Who do you think wrote the love note?"

"I dunno. Some fool with mental issues, or something," Callie replied.

"Maybe it was Leo or... what about that suitor that Arthur met with last week? Hm... Markus?" Vivianne guessed.

"It might be Hiney– he is weird enough to do something like this," Callie agreed. "And it's unlikely that it's Prince Markus. He decided Arthur was more friend material."

"What if it's a past suitor? Maybe Jon, Hendrik, James?" Bee turned to the other two girls, "The list goes on. Callie went through seven suitors before managing to score an annoying, clingy one."