| Chapter 5 |

"Princess, I heard you scream-" Leo said running from the castle. He abruptly stopped upon seeing her in Arthur's arms. "Whoa, what is going on? Who is he? Why is he holding you? Why are your faces inches apart?! So many questions not enough time-"

"Oh, hey," Callie greeted a bit embarrassedly. "This is Arthur."

"Well, can Arthur put you down now?" he asked him firmly.

"Sorry," Arthur tensed up a bit showing an obvious anxiousness. He carefully placed Callie on her feet. "I didn't mean to intrude or anything-"

"You're not," Callie reassured him. "And, Leo, calm down. He was merely helping me down from the tree."

"The tree? Why were you in a tree?" Leo questioned. "Are you okay?"

"Despite what I previously thought, I'm fine," Callie responded.

And after that an unsettling pause consumed the moment. Arthur rubbed his neck and angled himself towards Callie.

"I should go," he said quietly.

"Sure," she nodded. "Unless you want to stay for dinner? We'll have plenty of food since Markus and his parents had to leave. Too much, actually."

"Like I said, I don't want to intrude."

"No, you won't be. Right, Leo?" Callie pronounced in a warning-like tone.

"Whatever you want, Princess. Now, I best go tell your mother of this new... development." Leo left with a swooping bow.

"Not to say he's my favorite person, he usually is nicer than this," Callie said.

"It's because of me. I should just go."

"No! No, please stay." Arthur gave her a questioning stare. "I just mean dinner would be a lot less painful with someone else there."

"Okay," he gave in, "Lead the way."

"Really? Awesome!" Callie walked through the garden doors into the castle. There waited Maria, with Leo a few feet further back.

"Callie, I want to speak with you," Maria informed. "He can go with Prince Leonard."

"What's going on?" Callie asked when Arthur left her side and went with Leo.

"So, your voice is magically healed?"

"There's no fooling you is there?"

"No. So, a potion or a spell?"

"Potion. It exploded in the academy earlier."

"Okay. It's effects are removed now?"

Callie nodded. "The rain cleared it. I should have told you. I apologize."

"Well, you seem to know that, yet you didn't follow your instincts. Classic. I'm always here, Callie, remember that," Maria, having her little spiel over with, looked at her with a more lighthearted stare. "So, this new guy..."

"Arthur Dumont."

"Arthur Dumont... I recognize that name. And he's just a friend I'm guessing?"