| Chapter 4 |

Callie walked down the hallway towards her locker. She would drop off her books then head to room 203, the Wizardry 101 classroom. Arriving at her locker, her Mephone suddenly buzzed in her blazer pocket. She had received a message from Maria.

Maria: Callie, since your mother wants to be sure that you're picking the right prince, she's invited another suitor over. He will arrive and you two will go on a date, then have a collective dinner with your mother and his parents.

Callie: I have to stay at the academy a bit late. I'll try to be home at three thirty.
Sorry.

Maria: :(

Callie: You're so cool with your lil' frowny face :3

Maria: What's that face mean?

Callie: Apparently, it's curly lips?? That's what Goggle said. I always thought it was a cat.

"Callie?" Arthur said drawing her away from the screen of her Mephone. "Ready to go?"

"Yep!" She slipped her phone into her pocket as they walked. "And this needs to be kinda quick, because I have dinner plans."

"That's fine. It probably won't take long considering it's you," Arthur commented.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You're smart, that's all."

"Aww, look at you being all compliment-y!"

"Aww, look at you being all accept-y of the compliment-y!" Arthur mocked as they entered the classroom.

"Dare thy make a mockery of me?" Callie questioned dramatically putting a hand to her heart.

"If not a mockery then what would you prefer? A fool, bathing in the stupidity of human antics? A coward, afraid of human conflict? Or, perhaps, a mockery, with no one to witness your embarrassment, would be a kind thing?"

"Did you just...? You went along with it?"

"I have a twin sister who dreams of being a famous playwright; I'm kinda used to it by now."

"Your sister sounds lovely!"

"A bit insane, in a good way, but nonetheless lovely, yes. Now, are you ready to practice the spell?"

"Yeah!"

A sudden muffled crash sounded somewhere in the academy. It sounded close, maybe just outside the classroom. They both stopped in their tracks and looked around the room. Everyone had left the school already. Arthur snatched up a wand and sneaked to the doorframe. He stood there, protectively, while Callie stood behind him armed with a pencil. A sudden pair of shoes made its way down the hall. They were quiet at first yet slowly growing louder and louder. Until they seemed to be right outside the opened door. Arthur popped out into view of whatever terrifying creature stood outside the classroom.

"Whoa, there! It's just me. Calm down, boy," Professor Elken said looking up from his Mephone. "Oh, Callie, you're here too?"

"Hi." She preformed a small wave.

"What's going on? And why do you have one of my pencils?" Professor Elken brushed past them into his classroom. On the way he plucked the previously brandished pencil from her hand.