Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Grace's POV

* * * * * * * * * * *

The 'date' with Harry wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. It went quite smoothly, I think and I hope he enjoyed it because I knew it was hard for him to do this. It made me wonder what else management made the boys do, how many secrets the fans didn't know.
I had tried to be as cool as possible while also wanting to show Harry that I was mature and could keep up professionalism, as this was a paid job at the end of the day. I think Harry would ease into the idea of having a fake girlfriend. He was certainly charming and it was hard to tell whether his flirtatious comments were banter or serious at times but it was something that I am sure I'd soon come to work out. I could see a future friendship coming off of the back of this, although I didn't know if his management had a say in how much we saw each other once the eight months was up. It was a scary thought - how much someone's life can be controlled.

Once I'd got in and Harry had left, a wave of relief rushed over me.

"How was it?! He seems lovely, very polite." My mother gushed, walking over with her cup of tea in her hands and engulfing me in a hug, probably how drained I was.

"It was really great actually," I replied truthfully, smiling into her shoulder. "I had a fun evening," we pulled out of the hug and smiled at one another, my mum was so happy to see me happy. She planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I've officially got a boyfriend."

"Oh my precious baby. I don't like the idea of your face being all over the internet." She groaned, leading me over to the sofa.

"Mum you signed me up for a bloody stage school when I was ten, what are you on about?" I laughed in confusion. She has always said that I was destined to be a star so I'm not sure why all of a sudden she wanted to keep me cooped up.

"I know, I know, but it's different being written about online because you're a famous dancer or actress compared to really hot sell out superstar Harry Styles' girlfriend."

"Mum!" I exclaimed, taking slight offence to her blunt way of putting it.

"Oh, you know what I mean. I just worry about you, there are some nasty people out there babe and I just want you to be happy." She stroked my face with her finger and I gave her a big smile of reassurance.

"Don't worry about me, Mumma, I got big balls to handle it," I lightened the mood with a little humour, cheering my worrying mum up.

"Did I miss him?" I heard Milly before I could see her, racing down the stairs in her pyjamas, a towel on her head drying her hair. She must have been in the shower when I got back with Harry. Not that she needed to worry, she'd be seeing a lot more of him.

"You have love, sorry, he wasn't here for long though," my Mum leant her head over the side of the sofa with her arms outstretched to catch her as she ran past.

"Did I actually?" The disappointment was clear in her face and I noticed that she was wearing a bit of mascara which made me chuckle.

"Don't worry, Mills, he promised he'd come in next time and I'll make sure that you won't miss him then." I dragged her onto my lap, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh my god I can't wait. Thanks Grace." She slotted in between the both of us and I leant my head on my shoulder, focussing on the television. It was nice to be chilling, the three of us. Believe it or not, this was not a regular occurrence and so it was nice to have some family time.

"I spoke to him before you went out, Grace." Milly pestered and I could feel myself tiring.

"Did you? Oh no are you going to steal my boyfriend from me?" I teased her. M