Chapter 31

Harry's POV

* * * * * * *

I pulled up at the studio and sighed heavily, seeing a few paps hanging round already. By the looks of it, the other boys were already here - I recognised the car next to mine as Niall's.

"We're here!" I cheered because Grace hadn't realised, too engrossed in what was on her phone. She hadn't been very talkative on the way here even though I had made small talk for a while. Every now and again I'd glance at her, checking if she was OK, but she looked calm and in the end I turned on the radio and we sat in comfortable silence.

Already, Grace was becoming one of my closest friends - something I was happy about. We had a kind of flirtatious friendship which, I guess, was for the best because it isn't so awkward when we have to act like a couple. I wish I could work her out though. One second she was really flirty and all touchy and close and then the next second she's acting as if we are nothing but friends. The bad thing is that when she acts friendly towards me, I can't help but feel a little disheartened. It's almsot as if she's got me wrapped around her finger.

"Coming!" she cheered, her mood suddenly changing from introverted to excited in a matter of seconds.

"No stay." I said, jumping out of the car and locking it before she could open her door. Smiling widely, I jogged round to the other side and opened her door for her, being greeted by a shy but beautiful smile. Her eyes lit up when she smiled, something I'd noticed since first meeting her.

"Thank you." Grace muttered gratefully, taking my outstretched hand. I watched her shut the door and before I locked my car I pulled her to my side and kissed her cheek lightly, taking notice of the paps.

Leading the way, I walked her into the studio and introduced her to everyone. I watched as she politely greeted everyone with a smile.

"About time, Harry!" Louis loud voice boomed and I didn't have enough time to even turn around before he jumped onto my back. I grabbed onto Grace to keep my balance, catching her by surprise, and she jumped out of the way, leaving Louis and I to fall onto the floor.

"Harry's arrived." I heard Zayn's disapproving voice from the other room.

"Nice to see you too!" I shouted over at Louis who had already got up and run off back to the booth.

Grace kindly offered me her hand and I gladly took it and let her pull me up.

"Welcome." I sarcastically said, gesturing in front of me.

"Thank you. I think." Grace replied with a wink and followed in the direction that Louis had run off in.
..

"That's it that's it!" the studio manager shouted as I hit the correct notes.

"Just promise that you won't forget we had it all." I sang into the microphone, closing my eyes which helped me get into the zone. "Cause you were mine for the summer, now we know it's nearly over. Feels like snow in December, but I always will remember. You were my summer love."

"Perfect, perfect!"

I opened my eyes to be greeted by Grace's admiring stare. She was looking up at me with a proud smile on her face, her mouth opened slightly and her eyes wide. I joined our eyes and couldn't help beaming back. When she looked away - slightly embarrassed that I'd caught her staring - my grin turned into more of a smug smile and when she looked up again I took a chance and winked at her.

"Okay Harry, you're done." I stepped out of the booth, slightly annoyed that mine and Grace's little moment had been ruined.

"Cheers," I said out of politeness, walking over to the three men and shaking each one of their hands.