2. You Are Hurt In A Car Crash - Ashton

Part 2/4

...
Requested by:
@camjensen
...

Ha I'm not dead (yet) and I also have no idea how this weekend's updating schedule will look bc I'm camping so there's that

Anywho I'm going to make Luke's actually serious but here's to another cutesy chapter

Ashton:
"There is nothing I want to do less than get into that car," Luke put his hands on his hips and shook his head.

Ashton sighed and smoothed your hair back, "look, I've driven with her before, and I'm not dead. She probably won't hit anything."

"PrObaBLy," Michael's voice wobbled as he too adamantly shook his head.

"Heck no we won't do!" Calum huffed, jutting up his chin and turning away.

You were rather offended at the implication of their statements. You were an excellent driver considering just how little you had driven. Thus far the only thing that you had killed was a single squirrel but that wasn't even your fault because it darted right out in front of you and you tried to stop but it was too late.

"You'll be perfectly safe," Ashton insisted.

"Tell that to Mr. Peanut," Michael sniffed.

You looked over at your brother in alarm, "who's Mr. Peanut?"

"YOUR VICTIM!" Luke screeched, "OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN SO QUICKLY?!"

You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose. They were talking about the damn squirrel. Ashton spoke up on your behalf, "Mr. Peanut died because he ran in front of a moving car."

"And you guys do realize that I wasn't even supposed to stop but I tried to. The drivers Ed instructor said that if it wasn't a deer or a moose keep going. Trust me that squirrel wasn't moose-sized," you said rather sassily. But really, who could blame you there.

"What if there were moose-sized squirrels?" Calum asked, completely missing your point.

"That would be terrifying," Ashton shuddered.

"WHAT IF THEY TRIED TO CLIMB A POWER LINE AND BROKE IT?" Michael laughed at whatever mental image he was cooking up.

"Then they could swing from the broken wires like Tarzan," Luke demonstrated how moose-sized squirrels would swing across broken power lines by pretending to reach out and leap for an invisible vine. He just slipped and feel, smack on his face. "Ow."

"That was just sad," you groaned, "you're willing to throw yourself on the ground but you refuse to be in the car while I'm driving."

"Okay but face planting isn't nearly as bad as death or dismemberment or blunt force trauma or-"

"I get it Calum," you held up a hand. He shrugged.

Ashton rocked forward on his heels and glanced at the other two boys, "if Luke goes will you?"

Luke harrumphed, still laying on the floor.

Michael snorted, "there's no way Luke's going so sure Ashton." Calum agreed as well with a quick nod.

"Great," your brother reached down and picked Luke up off the floor.

"HEY!" The blonde whined but stayed limp as he was thrown over Ashton's shoulder.

"Heeeeeeeeey heeeeeeey," Ashton sang while tossing you the keys.

"Stooooop," Luke squirmed but Ashton had a solid grip.