Yui Adjusting

[Picture & Video: Sakamaki brothers at the dinner table, Song - Sleep Song]

•Chapter 9•

♡Gardenia P.O.V♡

I was woken up earlier than I usually wake up; I showered and freshened up before leaving my room; as I walked down the hall, I passed Yui's room, hearing movement. I walk to her door and knock. "Yui, are you awake?" I asked, worried, "y..yes," she responded, "May I come in? I want to speak with you," I asked. "Yes, come in, please," she replied; I entered her room, closing the door behind me. Yui was still in bed but was sitting up and looking at me; I walked to her bed, sitting at the end so I wouldn't make her uncomfortable.

"I apologize for my actions yesterday; my intentions weren't to scare you. Now that you know we are vampires, your knee bleeding yesterday caused an automatic response in our bodies. My fangs appeared, and my eyes turned Red because of the scent of blood; it didn't signify that I was hungry for it. I have far better control than the rest, so I don't act upon those actions; I can't speak nor apologize for the rest but only myself. But at the end of the day, Yui, we are vampires and need blood to survive, so most likely, my brothers will drink from you. Besides, I was hoping we could be friends," I finished as I looked at her for a response.

Yui looked shocked as if she didn't expect me to say this; she blushed before smiling and nodding. "I don't mind being your friend," Yui said shyly, looking at me. I smiled "great! Okay, Yui, I'm going to give you the 411. We all go to Night School at Ryoutei Academy; Reiji doesn't like when any of us are late, so we have to be downstairs in time to get in the limo and to the school; also, we all eat dinner together, which you'll have to be on time for also" I told Yui as she nods in response. I told her everything else she needed to know, "whelp it was very nice meeting you Yui if you need anything my room is right next to yours, go left. Dinner will be ready soon, so try to be on time," I told her, leaving the room.

I went back into my room to see Subaru there; he was sitting on my bed waiting for me. "I see you're becoming friends with the human; why?" He said, looking at me with his red eyes; I sat next to him "why not? I never disliked humans, just the rude ones, besides she reminds me of a bunny rabbit," I said, making him chuckle. "So you look at her as a pet?" He asked, laying his head on your shoulder, "yea, you can say that," I said as we both laughed. It's something about Yui's innocence that reminds me of someone; I don't know who...

|Time Skip|

It was dinner time; Reiji cooked today, I'd usually help him, but I was getting Yui adjusted to the environment. I showed her the rooms she could and couldn't enter, where she could relax, etc. I told her if she didn't obey the instructions I'd given her, I couldn't help her with whatever happened to her. She looked at me nervously before nodding her head in response; eventually, we walked to the dining room, where all the brothers were already seated.

Yui sat next to Ayato as I sat next to Shu; tying my hair up, I began to eat my food. Laito started to mess with Yui telling her she needed to eat correctly or else she would become anemic, and asked if she wanted him to feed her. "Laito, she's a big girl; she can feed herself. Besides, it's bad manners to get on your feet during dinner," I told him lightly, scolding him

"Sorry, Denia-chan," he apologized, sitting back down in his seat; I looked at Shu and saw he was not eating. I moved over to him, grabbed his fork, and put a piece of steak on it before putting it in his mouth; he looked at me from the side of his eyes before opening his mouth. I smiled lightly before placing the steak in his mouth; he began chewing, making me giggle a little; he can be so cute sometimes. "Oh, that's not fair, Denia-chan," Laito complained; I smirked at him. "Your intentions weren't pure; we knew that," I said, taking a bite of my dinner.