Understanding Them

•Chapter 4•

♡Gardenia P.O.V♡

Living with the Sakamaki, I realized I wasn't the depressed Denia I used to be anymore. All my brothers love me in their unique way, which helps me distinguish their personalities, upbringing, and past. I felt I also had a responsibility I had to fulfill while living with the Sakamaki, I didn't know what it was, but I knew soon I was going to find out.

Reiji and Shu are the sons of Beatrix,

She's the second wife of Father, who also was the first to give birth to his first two children

She's the second wife of Father, who also was the first to give birth to his first two children. Shu is the firstborn, and Reiji is the second born; I think they are born within the same year because they are practically the same age.

Beatrix is a lovely woman, like a second mother to me. Still, she was academically strict on both Shu and Reiji, to the point Shu runs away to avoid the responsibility of being the firstborn. Reiji was so devoted to Beatrix he would do anything she said to at least get praise, but since Beatrix and Cordelia fight all the time, it causes Beatrix to neglect Reiji, which is no excuse.

I know Reiji would feel very sad and maybe even jealous, that's why he is constantly belittling Shu because Beatrix paid more attention to him for obvious reasons, so I will always step in. "Mother, I finished the whole book," Reiji said to Beatrix as he sat across his mother waiting for a response, "very good Reiji, the whole book! I'm proud of you," I said, making him quickly turn in my direction with a blush on his cheeks.

I look at Beatrix with obvious disappointment shown in my eyes, causing her to look down sadly and leave, "Denia! You're not supposed to be here; you'll get in trouble," Reiji exclaimed sternly; I went up to him and sat right next to him "well, your mother isn't here now, is she? Now tell me what the book is about; I'm all ears," I told him, giving him my full attention, making him softly smile.

After I'm done with Reiji, I always kiss him near his lips, making him blush uncontrollably, he doesn't know what it means now, but he will as time goes on. I'll eventually look for Shu in his favorite place, the music room; at this time, he and I would play music together. He is a fantastic violin player, as I am a tremendous Cello player, so he said. We would play together sometimes, or I would play for him as he lay on his favorite couch and listen until he fell asleep. He'll even have me play in his hair while he's sleeping.

Then there's the Devil herself, Cordelia,