chapter10

gees pov

I walk into the church with Frankie he quietly starts to sob beside me I tighten my grip on his hand and we sit down together "honey?" he looks up "do you want to say hello to some people ? you don't have to but ... " he nods slowly and we get up together he is now holding my hands with both of his we walk slowly from person to person some crying some just sad, I don't really know what to say to most people I just nodded as frank spoke and kept as close to him as possible. out of the corner of my eye I see Bob, Mikey and ray sitting over in the corner i  excuse myself and walk over to them "thanks for coming guys this means a lot to Frankie." they all nod I turn to ray "is everything set up for Frankie  ?" Frankie had wanted to preform a song he had wrote all on his own I was going to sing it for him but he was gonna play guitar.

"yeah gee I got my guitar up there and I'm ready when you are !"

"okay great !" I walk back towards Frankie but when I am about 2 feet away a man stops in front of me. he looks down at me "hey your Jared right ?" he sounded strange Italian maybe ?

"uhm its Gerard but yeah. And you are ? " i ask as politely as I can.

he chuckles "of yeah sorry my names Julio, I'm franks uncle" he smiles sadly over to frank  "I'm glad he has you, he seems a lot happier, he needs someone to take care of him." I just nod in reply

"I should get back to him thanks though Julio"

I walk over to frank just as the priest starts the service we walk to our seats and listen to people talk about franks parents. I hate to see Frankie so upset. after people were finished talking I we both stood up and walked over to the front of the curch . I looked at frankie and he started playing an acoustic version. of our new song helena .

Long ago

Just like the hearse, you die to get in again

We are so far from you

Burning on just like a match you slide to incinerate

The lives of everyone you know

And what's the worst to take (worst to take)

From every heart you break (heart you break)

And like the blade you stain (blade you stain)

Well, I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst thing I can say?

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

So long not goodnight

Came a time

When every star fall brought you to tears again

We are the very hurt you sold

And what's the worst to take (worst to take)

From every heart you break (heart you break)

And like the blade you stain (blade you stain)

Well, I've been holding on tonight

What's the worst thing I can say?

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

So long not goodnight

And if you carry on this way

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

Can you hear me?

Are you near me?

Can we pretend

To leave? And then

We'll meet again

When both our cars collide

What's the worst thing I can say?

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

So long not goodnight

And if you carry on this way

Things are better if I stay

So long and goodnight

So long not goodnight

franks pov

we finished the song and I looked around everyone was crying even they boys Mikey was crying into rays shoulder. we both went back to our seats and I just exploded I fell into gees lap crying after a little while people started to get up and leave some people said some sorrys and patted me on the back. I didn't see any of these people though because I had my head buried in gees neck. I cried until there were no tears left. even then I was just sobbing. he pulled me up and walks with me to the car after he had sat me down he walked round to his side and we drove home. I wanted to say how grateful I was but I couldn't find the strength to say anything so I just get out of the car and flop on the couch head in my hands. yet again Gerard knew exactly what to do he just sat next to me and hugs me. "this is just what I need thank you babe"