Dead again

Ianto's pov

We materialise in the corridor and I lead the way into the computer room. John modified our comms so we could use them throughout time and I manage to get through to the others. They are all still unseen but I warn them to be extra careful because the whole agency will be on high alert.

I look at the computer bank and quickly locate everyone. "Ok guys I can see you so I can direct you from here. "Gwen, Rhys you're the closest to Jack's flat so be careful, Isaiah could be close. "Tosh, Alec I want you to head towards the training rooms. There should be a portal in each one, see if you can disable it. The rest of you need to find Gray and Isaiah. Owen, John, Gwen and Rhys can focus on Gray and Martha and Mickey can focus on Isaiah, Rose will join you. Jack and I will stay here and make sure no one gets to you."

Everyone replies quickly and Rose goes to portal to Martha and Mickey. I give her my gun and grab one of the larger ones from the corner of the room. I suppose they were expecting an attack. I still find it weird that there's no one here... unless there was someone here all along. Someone who could manipulate memories. "Adam," I snarl.

He steps out of one of the darkened corners of the room, "Hello again Ianto, you know I could really murder a coffee right now, you got time?"

I step forward, ready to punch him, but Jack stops me. "Ianto who is this, why don't I remember him. I know him, don't I?" He looks broken.

"Oh you don't remember your own team? I was the one you could confide in. Surely you remember me." Adam says. He moves to put his hand on Jack's shoulder but I stop him.

"Those tricks don't work on us Adam. Even if Jack doesn't remember what you did to us, to all of us, I do."

"Oh do elaborate." Adam says.

"You took advantage of Tosh, made Gwen forget Rhys, made me think I had murdered three women and forced Jack to remember Gray and his father. Take your pick." I say, "Ok Adam time to stop fooling around. What do you know?"

"Well let's just say my boss won't be happy to hear any of it. And his boss will be even less happy to know that his brother is plotting against him. I'd tell your friends to watch their backs Ianto."

I quickly check in with everyone and explain the situation while keeping my gun on Adam. He's strangely not made any move to stop me from telling the others about him or forced me away from the controls. I tell Jack to secure the door, I don't want Gray or Isaiah walking in.

I move towards the computer bank and check everyone's progress. They're all fine but I can't see any trace of Isaiah or Gray. I check the teleport logs and realise that they must have come back here. I also notice that the footage of the corridor is on a loop.

"Notice anything?" Adam says, "I think that you're forgetting that I'm telepathic Ianto. I didn't have to stop you because they can."

As I turn to look at the door Isaiah and Gray enter the room with the woman from yesterday. They are all holding guns three times the size of ours.

"Drop the guns," The woman steps forward, "Or I could just take them of your hands if you'd prefer."

I drop my gun and Jack does the same. I take my earpiece out and drop that as well but not before pressing a hidden button on the side that alerts the others that I need backup, thank God for Tosh's constant inventions. I notice that Isaiah's scars are now fully visible. They stretch out from under his t-shirt and up his neck, stopping just before they reach his right eye. No wonder Jack has been getting headaches, they must have some pretty advanced perception filters going on here.

Gray steps forward and grabs Jack, handcuffing him as Isaiah aims his gun at me. Oh God I don't know if I'm actually immortal. I can't die again, I can't go back, back to the dark the 'thing' that possessed Owen is still there, wherever there is. I can't leave Jack.

This is my last thought before pain rips through my skull for a split second and I'm plunged into darkness. No, not just darkness, nothingness. I try to move to look around but although I know I must be moving I can't see anything different in front of me. Even though I know where I am, even though I've been here before; no because I've been here before, I panic. I try to yell but there's no sound here, just an endless void with one other being, the monstrous thing that Owen banished back here when he first came back. I can hear it screaming in its ancient language. It's the only sound that seems to travel here, I wish it didn't.

Just as quickly as I'm plunged into the darkness I'm wrenched out, gasping for breath, back onto the cold, concrete floor of the computer room. Isaiah has his back to me and I can't see Gray or Adam anywhere, they must be dealing with the rest of the team. I quickly and silently check for my gun, relieved to find it still in it's holster. I can see Jack standing in front of Isaiah yelling. I can't have been out for too long as Jack has his gun on Isaiah but hasn't shot him. I get to my feet and press my gun to Isaiah's head in one movement, "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't do that again."

A:N/ I'm not even gonna try to make excuses now. I'm really sorry that it's been so long since I last updated.

As usual please vote if you enjoyed it and thank you for reading!

-Annie