Natsu was almost ready. Ready to light up some cigar. Somebody's life depended on her answer.

"Cana."

Two syllables, but wrong name.

In that very instant, a firetruck diminished the flames that started up within him.

He blinked his eyes once.

"What?" his voice went back from dark to just plain blank.

Lucy started to blush.

"He has feelings for her. Don't tell anyone."

He could only stare at her.

"You think...he's inlove...with her?"

She slowly nodded her head at him like a secret must be kept by just the two of them.

They went completely silent.

Then a low chuckle broke it off.

"What?" Lucy stared at him cluelessly.

Natsu smirked at her. He uncrossed his arms and held both sides of her head as he touched his forehead with hers.

"You're too innocent, baby," He started as he stared into her eyes.

She stared back, still confused.

"And that's a good thing." He finished.

Lucy could see the smirk on his face. She had been hiding her tears and here he was, smirking at her. No trace of madness in his eyes, they were calm again.

She backed away from him angrily.

"Are you playing with me?!" Lucy's face now had tears in them.

Natsu didn't see that coming.

"What? No-"

"Five minutes ago you were mad at me and didn't want me to touch you. Now you're smirking?!"

Now it was her turn to get mad.

He ran his hand through his neatly slicked back hair.

"Okay baby, I'm sorry. I'm not making fun of you," he started as he closed in on her, arms reaching out to embrace her.

"I'm sorry. Now stop crying," he said as his arms tightened around her.

Lucy's arms started to hug back.

"I hate you!" she shouted as she sobbed on his shirt.

He sighed and kissed her blond-haired head.

"Heard that before. No, you don't."

Her hold on him tightened.

"I love you," she whispered but he still heard it.

"I know."

First, she was down and was the one apologizing. Second, she went mad at him for smirking at her and says she hates him. Third, she loves him again. One thing Natsu probably discovered that night was that...pregnant women had complicated mood swings. He ended up being the one asking for forgiveness instead.

He suddenly felt something as he held her in his arms.

Desire.

It had been a while since they made love.

And he wanted it.

He wanted her.

Lucy felt him push her back on the bed gently.

He started kissing her neck as he laid in between her legs.

"Wait..." she started.

Natsu stopped and looked her in the eyes.

"I want to do it."

Her face flushed.

"I want to do it, too," she started, "But the baby."

He didn't move for a while. That's right. He forgot. How could he even forget? This 'desire' he had was taking control.

Frustrated, Natsu lifted his body off of the temptation that was laying under him and dropped his body on the bed beside her.

"That means I won't be having you for months."

She smiled at him.

"Me, too."

This time he faced her. Pleased that he wasn't the only one 'suffering', he smirked.

"When are we going to have the announcement?" he brought up about the pregnancy.

She looked up at the ceiling.

"I'm thinking about this weekend," she answered, still smiling.

He shifted his body so he was laying on his side as he faced her. She looked back at him. He found her hand and kissed the smooth surface of it.

"Then I will gather everyone at the Villa for it."