HIM and him

Sting planned to visit the Dragneel compound again. He was obsessed with the idea of wanting to see her more and more each day.

Especially now that Rogue was at the company, nobody could stop him from leaving.

.

.

DRAGNEEL COMPOUND

Just like before, he was allowed to enter the main gate. Any member of the family was allowed to let inside.

He rang the doorbell, expecting Cana to open it up for him.

But a stoic face greeted him instead. It was like he was expecting Sting’s presence.

The blond stared at him with wide eyes, he thought Natsu was at the company.

“Sting, come in.” he invited, his face had no trace of emotion in them. The blond started to feel uneasy the moment he walked in. But he shrugged it off, maybe he was overthinking things.

Natsu didn’t know that Sting was inlove with his wife right? That’s what he thought.

“Why don’t we have a drink at my office? Let’s have a chat and catch up,” Natsu said and turned towards his office without giving the blond a chance to decline.

But something about the man made him feel nervous. He always looked up to him when they were kids, this was the first time he felt scared of him.

.

.

NATSU’S OFFICE

“How have you been? How was life travelling around the world?” Natsu started, slightly shaking his drink with his right hand as he sat majestically on the leather chair, his blank eyes stared at the other.

“Everything’s great, thank you for asking,” Sting answered, “Had a lot of fun.”

“How about your women? You probably now have a new set of collection.” Natsu smirked.

The blond chuckled. He started to feel at ease. Maybe Natsu just honestly wanted to talk. Maybe he was just being paranoid.

“Well, none of my ‘relationships’ ever work out. We both know that.”

Natsu continued to smirk at him. But his eyes were still hollow.

“What brings you here?”

“Nothing. Just visiting.” Sting answered.

Then Natsu’s smirk disappeared. Leaving his face void of any emotion.

“Really?” his voice went serious.

Sting gulped. The atmosphere suddenly changed, a second ago it didn’t seem too hard to breathe at all.

“Y-yes.”

“Who are you visiting exactly?”

“Everyone. Y-you.”

Natsu took a sip from his drink.

“You’re not drinking. That’s odd,” he said, eyeing Sting’s glass on the table that still had champagne on it, “Normally, you’d be the one pouring our drinks by now.”

“I’m not…thirsty.”

Natsu stared at him, Sting stared back. Of course, the blond was the first to break eye contact.

He wanted to get out of the room. It was suffocating him with Natsu’s overwhelming aura scattered all over the place.

“I better get goi -“

“Sit down.”

Sting had started to get up but Natsu stopped him. He did as he was told.

Natsu placed something on the table. Sting stared at it. It was something he recognized.

A piece of crumpled hard paper with his name on it. It was his calling card, the one he gave Lucy.

“I believe that’s yours,” Natsu said simply. Sting looked back at him, “I found it in our bedside table. Did you give that to my wife?”

He knew better than to deny it. It was pretty obvious.

“I did” he admitted.

“Why?”

“It means nothing, Natsu. I…I just thought she might need my help if there was an emergency.”

For a second there, Natsu’s brows twitched. His hold on his glass tightened.

“Why would she ask for someone else’s help when she has a husband who’d do anything for her?”

Sting had nothing to say. He got cornered by his own words.

“Are you saying I’m not enough to please my own woman?” his face was calm but his voice was louder than it should be.

“No!” Sting disagreed with him. He sensed that the conversation was now leading to Lucy, the very issue he was hoping to avoid, “You have it all wrong, Natsu.”

He just stared at him.

Then he leaned closer as he placed the glass on the table.

“You’re not here for Lucy, or are you?”

With Natsu’s eyes that could kill if he had some kind of power, Sting didn’t think twice and denied about his purpose in visiting the compound. If he told the truth, he might not be able to make it out alive.

“No.” was his answer.

Natsu could feel him hiding something. He wasn’t that dumb not to know.

Then Sting found the courage that he didn’t know he had. He asked Natsu a question.

“Why…of all the women you could possibly have, why Lucy?”

Natsu continued to stare at him.

“Lucy…is different.” He answered.

“I’m not sure if you remember, but I used to date some of your women before… and you never got mad over it.”

Natsu’s face went serious.

“Not this one.”

Sting went silent. He ran out of words to say, Natsu seemed to have something to answer back at them.

Both of them just sat there. Natsu was staring at the blond whose eyes were fixed on the glass table.

“If he asks, can you not tell Rogue I was here?” Sting started.

“Why?”

Now he faced Natsu.

“Because…”

“There’s nothing to hide, is there?”

No answer. Sting was silent.

“Why not let him know of your visit here?” Natsu asked one more time.

Still no answer.

As Natsu eyed the blond, it seemed like he just figured out Sting’s little secret.

Well, not so little after all, not since it was all about Lucy.