chapter 24

Rancis's POV: (and your only hope)
I sat near Nilla's bed in her room. She had a needle on her wrist that gave her blood that she needed (I don't know what it's called  ;-; ) she seems really peaceful when she's asleep but I don't wanna see her like this. Her black shirt covered the bandage on her back she had bruises everywhere and her hair was cut short. They said her wound was deep there is only 10% that she'll live and the rest.... She dies.
I held her hand as I was crying my eyes out and Swizzle couldn't handle to see her like this so he left a while a go. I caress her cheeks while trying not to cry but failed and let my tears flow down my eyes.

"You don't deserve this I hope Vanellope never gets out of that fungen she needs to pay from what she had done" I said.

Yes. It was Vanellope's fault they said that she was the one who did this to her. She had Nilla's blood all over her and they said that even Gloyd tried to help Vanellope  but then maybe he felt pity and tried helping Nilla out but since he tried helping Vanellope he was also guilty. I thought he loved Nilla... But it was all just a lie he act to like her just to kill her he's a wolf in sheep's clothing (sorry I have to)  and Vanellope she's her sister she shouldn't have done this to her I hope she gets excicuted (is that how is spell?)  She shouldn't live from what she had done.
I wipe my tears away and stood up. I'll pay her a little visit to make her feel bad this is what she deserve from what she done...
I walk to the door and took one glance at Nilla I hope you wake up soon  I thought as I left the room. I walked through the hallways I looked one by one at some pictures of Vanellope. I stopped when I saw a picture of Nilla she has her tounge out goofly and her hands on her hips with her eyes closed. It was probably a stolen pic cause she never pose like that on the camera I smiled at it and walked away. After passing by many pictures and some paintings of Nilla and Vanellope I then got to a gate.
There wasn't any guards that was securing it. The guards must be on their shift or break.
I open the door and walked in I looked around some cells and saw some candy people who tried stealing or tried killing someone in some cells I even saw Gloyd he had his head down and crying quietly. I then got to Vanellope's cell her door was metal and I couldn't see through all I saw was her name on the door and a key hole. I noticed that I was stepping on a rug. It doesn't hurt to see if the key was here...
I look under it but nothing was there but dirt I sigh.

"Hey kid ya trying to find a key? " someone behind me asked.

I turn around and saw a gummy bear guy his left ear is missing and he was black. What kind of flavor is he?  I thought.

"It's rude to stare at people ya know" he said.
I snapped out and looked at him with a glare and a puzzled face. "How do you know? " I snapped not trusting this guy.
"Just wondering oh and if you are try looking at that flower pot pick up the flower and the key is under it" he said.

I hesitate at first but did what he said and the key was there I smiled.

"Thanks" I said. "Do you need anything or something cause I know whenever something like this happen there's always a catch" I added twirling the key on my finger while shrugging.
"Heh. A smart one I see all I need you to do is trust one prisoner they might be looking bad but you still don't know the truth from behind what just happen" he said.

I didn't know what he just told me but I nodded. I then unlock the door and walk in I close the door and a cold wind hit me. I shivered and looked at Vanellope she has a huge chain on her waist and it was glitch proof and had blood all over her she was looking down and didn't even notice that I even was here. That blood on her must be Nilla's when she tried to kill her  I thought as I glare at her.

"Hello Vanellope" I said harshly.

She look up then her eyes widen when she saw me.

"Rancis how did you-?  Wait no you gotta listen to me-"
"Why should I listen to a murderer like you!  You tried to kill Nilla for no reason! " I interrupted her.
"Wha? I didn't do anything it was-"
"No!  Stop lying we know the truth Vanellope you don-"
"STOP CUTTING ME OFF AND LISTEN TO ME WILL YOU! " she yelled furiously.

Her voice echoed in her cell as she was looking at me angrily. It went silent for a bit then she sigh.

"Okay now believe me or not you need to help me and it's also for Nilla's sake" she said.
"And why should I listen to you? " I asked crossing my arms.
"You need to say three important words to Nilla to save her" she told me.
"Vanellope" I started rubbing my temples "do you think this is a joke to me?" I ask.
"No but-"
"EXACTLY!  Vanellope not everything here is a fairy tail not because of that three words your saying will make her wake up!  Dammit Vanellope get your head out of the clouds this IS all YOUR FAULT! " I said angrily.

She stayed quiet and slowly look down again. Tears slowly ran out of her eyes and she covered her face resting her elbows on the chain that was wrapped on her waist. I glared at her and rage keeps bubbling up me.

"THAT'S RIGHT CRY!  CAUSE IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU NILLA WOULD STILL BE ALIVE AND AWAKE SHE WOULDN'T JUST BE LYING THERE LOOKING DEAD CAUSE ITS ALL YOUR FAULT-"
she then slam her fist on the chains and look at me dead on the eyes tears flowing down her eyes "I KNOW RANCIS I FREAKING KNOW!  NOW WILL YOU GOD FOR SAKEN PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!  IF YOU CAN'T HELP THEN JUST SAY SO YOU DONT NEED TO RUB IT ON MY FACE IF I CAN EVER GO BACK TO WHAT I JUST DONE THEN I SHOULD HAVE LISTEN TO HER I SHOULD HAVE BELIEVE HER AND THEN ALL OF THIS SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPEN!  NOW PLEASE LEAVE. ME. ALONE! " she yelled furiously as her face turn red.

I was shock at first but put back my anger and glared at her she was now glaring back at me. What the nerve.

"Fine I don't wanna stay too long with a murderer anyway" I said and left.

I heard Vanellope sob as I close the door. I looked at the gummy bear's cell but there wasn't anybody there. The guards must have released him. I thought.
Just then a janitor came in opening the gummy bear's cage and cleaning it. I then thought of asking him wouldn't hurt.

"Hey uh where is the prisoner that used to be there? " I asked.
The janitor looked at me "oh you mean gummy bear Joe?  Well he got excicuted that poor guy he was locked here by murder even if it wasn't his fault but he just stayed quiet cause he knows that no one will trust or even listen to him people even call him a murderer" the janitor said.
"How did you know it wasn't his fault? " I asked.
"I was there I saw that his brother was the one who killed his mother not him I tried telling the judge that it wasn't his fault but they didn't believe me" he sigh "if only the dead can speak then the truth shall be spoken"

After those words he left leaving me dumbfounded. I shook my head and walked back to Nilla's room. Maybe Vanellope was right?  No maybe I just got a little dizzy from what the janitor just said.

As I got back to Nilla's room I sat next to her again and held her hand.

"I wonder what the three words are doe"