Chapter 16

A few days have passed since the wedding and I was finally back in New York. I did get to talk to Arabella before she went on her honeymoon, but I haven't talked to Harry. He was probably pissed at me. What I did was stupid. I should've I told him that I loved him and that I was going to stay with him, but I was too scared.

I was working late one night and I was ready to go home and sleep. I said goodbye to my boss before leaving the building. It was dark outside and no one was in the parking lot except for my car. I sighed as I got into my car and drove to my house.

I decided to turn on the radio, but a bunch of depressing songs came on so I just turned it off. I've never been so unhappy in my life. I usually don't mind going to work, but now I'm just depressed. Once I got to my house, I sleepily walked to my front door and unlocked it. I got inside and turned on the lights. I then saw someone sitting on my couch which scared the absolute shit out of me. I then was bewildered when I found out who it was.

"What the f—"

"I've done pretty crazy things in my life, but I've never traveled all the way to New York just to see the girl that I was in love with."

"Harry, I know you're—"

"Pissed? Oh, I'm more than that. I'm furious, I'm tired, I have a headache, my back hurts from this annoying kid who kept kicking my seat on the plane, but that doesn't change how I feel about you."

He then got up from the couch and walked up to me. "I've been so mad yet so in love at the same time. I'm not into the cheesy shit so I'm just going to say it straight forward. Avery, I'm so f***ing in love with you that I want to marry you, you make me so happy and I know you feel the same. If traveling all the way here just to tell you this doesn't say anything to you, then I don't know what does."

"Harry?" I interrupted him.

"What?"

"Will you just shut the hell up and kiss me."

He then grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine. This was the happiness that I needed. I've long awaited this and now it was finally happening. Harry and I then parted and slowly looked up at each other. Once he was caught off guard, I whacked him on the side of his head.

"What the hell?!" He yelled.

"You are so dumb. Why would you waste money to come all the way here? I mean, I'm glad you did but why?"

"It's romantic, Avery."

"It's stupid, Harry."

He glared at me for mocking him which caused me to smirk.

"I've got to warn you though, I suck at being a girlfriend." I told him.

"Just like you sucked at being the maid of honor."

"What?! If anything, you sucked at being the best man!" I argued back, offended.

"See, we're perfect for each other. We both suck at the same things." Harry said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Okay, but you were definitely the worst."

~ ITS OVER! ITS DONE! I FINISHED MY SECOND BOOK! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! TIME TO CELEBRATE! ~