Chapter 2

"Avery, I know you're mad—" Arabella started, trying to calm me down.

"I'm not mad. I'm completely fine."

Zayn and Harry then started to walk towards us.

"Shit, he's coming over here!" I panicked as I tried to hide my face.

"Hey, love." Zayn greeted Arabella, kissing her on the cheek.

"Why is your friend hiding her face?" I heard Harry question.

Damn, his voice got deeper too. I cursed to myself before slowly looking up, showing my face. Harry just looked at me with a blank expression. He couldn't recognize me!

I gave him a weak smile. "Hi, Harry."

"Sorry, but have we met?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Really? You don't remember all the fat jokes you used to call me?"

He studied me, slightly squinting his eyes, until they widened with shock.

"Holy shit, Avery! Is that you?!"

"No, I'm Snorlax remember? Yes it's me!" I sarcastically remarked.

He just looked at me with surprise. I ignored him and directed my attention to Zayn and Arabella.

"It's nice to see you again, Avery. We've really missed you." Zayn told me with a sweet smile.

"Well, at least someone remembers me." I said, directing my statement at Harry with a glare.

I then looked back at Zayn and smiled. "I've missed you guys too. I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world."

"Well, our two favorite people are here, now we wait for everyone else." Arabella said as she looked up at Zayn with happiness.

***

     Everyone arrived and we had a nice dinner. People were chatting in small groups, walking around, while I sat alone. I suddenly heard the chair next to me slide across the floor. I looked over to see a blonde haired guy sitting in the chair, slumped over.

"You're a loner too, huh?" He asked without looking at me.

"Yeah, I guess we're both party poopers." I responded with a chuckle.

"I'm actually just too drunk to function and I needed to sit down." He admitted.

I nodded as I examined the guy. He did look a little wasted, in fact he looked like a zombie.

"So, how do you know the couple?" The drunk guy suddenly asked.

"I went to high school with them. I've been friends with the bride almost my whole life." I explained to him.

"Oh, you must be Avery then, right?"

"Yeah. How did you—"

"I've heard a lot about you. I'm Niall, by the way, I'm one of Zayn's groomsmen."

"It's nice to meet you, Niall." I said with a grin.

I was then called over by Arabella and I hurried over there. Her and Zayn were standing with two unfamiliar men.

"I want you to meet Zayn's groomsmen. Liam, Louis, and— where's Niall?"

"Oh, that drunk guy? Oh he's over there." I said, pointing over to Niall who was now sleeping on the table.

The guy who I assumed was Louis sighed. "I'll go get him."

He then walked over to Niall and struggled to wake him up.

"When Niall is drunk, he'll fall asleep and then not wake up until another hour or so." The other groomsmen chuckled.

I laughed. "What was your name again? Liam, right?"

Liam nodded and gave me a cute smile that made my heart melt. He's so pretty that I couldn't stop staring at him. We were then interrupted by Harry coming up behind Liam and putting his arm around his shoulders.

"Careful, Liam. She's a feisty one." He warned, making me glare at him.

Liam shrugged and smirked. "I'm up for a challenge."

My eyes widened and Harry just looked in shock. Liam then winked at me before walking away. I blushed deeply.

Harry huffed. "Liam is just too nice of a person."

"That or he actually likes me." I said with a triumphant grin.

He shook his head and let out a small laugh. "I highly doubt that."

"How would you know that? How would you know if someone liked you?" I questioned him.

"I'm a very likable person." He stated.

I raised a brow at him. "Has anyone ever been in love with you?"

"Oh, I'm sure."

"Have you ever been in love with someone?"

"Nope."

I immediately paused. Why would he say that like its nothing? He had such a blank expression on his face that it made me curious.

"You've never been in love with someone?" I asked him.

"Never. Well, other than my mommy."

I just didn't understand. How could he have never been in love with someone before? There's definitely something about Harry that I've never noticed before.

~ Avery, sweetie, I'm just saying that there's NOTHING wrong with not being in love. You're so in love with Harry oml... I'm talking to my own character lol I'm a loser XD ~