Chapter 44

Instead of beating around the bushes, Yin Xing Tan decided to just come out with it.  "Eunuch Gong."

Eunuch Gong stepped forward. "Yes, your majesty."

"Daring to harm the Crown Princess, a royal bloodline, Elder Du will be stripped of his position as an Elder of the Crescent Sect. Also, his cultivation shall be crippled and then thrown into a pit of Purple-Fanged Snakes. And for not being able to maintain her brother properly, Imperial Consort Du will be demoted to a 2nd rank consort, Splendid Consort Du."

Hearing this, the ministers were all shocked.

Especially Consort Du, she became pale with fright. She got down on her knees and begged, "Your majesty, what do you mean by the harming of the Crown Princess? My brother would never do such a thing. Please believe me, your majesty, the Du family has been loyal to the royal family for generations!" Consort Du was worried for her brother, but at the same time her position, so she dared not say anything carelessly.

"Your majesty, I never had any thoughts, not even a bit, about harming a royal bloodline! This is all a misunderstanding!" It was at this moment that Elder Du regretted everything. He regretted going to the auction house. He regretted trying to steal and even try to attack the Crown Princess. He also regretted coming to the palace. He regretted not letting another elder go in his place. He regretted everything! He also felt very guilty towards his sister, because of him, she got demoted from an Imperial Consort to a 2nd rank Consort!

The emperor just looked on coldly at the siblings. "Elder Du, do you really take me for a fool? Did you think that I would let my own daughter roam outside the palace unprotected?"

Finding no more spirit to continue, Elder Du sat on the cold hard floors of the courtroom.

"Take him away!"

Two guards of high cultivation levels came in and took Elder Du away.

"Splendid Consort, what are you still doing here?" The emperor could not stand to look at this woman any longer. You could say that the person who the emperor hate the most is the Splendid Consort Du.

"Your majesty, I-nubi will leave and not disturb the morning court meeting anymore." With a deep bow, Consort Du hurried back to her palace. Deep anger and humiliation were plastered on her face. Tonight is her last day at her big and luxurious palace, for she will be moved to another palace befitting her rank. At the same time, she had some hatred and anger directed at her brother deep down.

Back in the court, the emperor has dismissed morning court so all the ministers went back to their homes with news to gossip and spread about. And because they do not know the details of how Elder Du tried to harm the crown princess, rumors spread like wildfire.

The disciples from the Crescent Moon Sect has also left in shame. When they arrived at their sect, they reported this news to the elders and the elders informed the headmaster.

The Crescent Moon Sect will not be showing their faces in public for the time being.

After morning court has been dismissed, the emperor and his daughter can be seen strolling in the royal garden.

Yin Yun appreciated the quiet and peaceful feeling, admiring the beautiful flowers.

The emperor, on the other hand, looked to be in deep thoughts.

Knowing what is troubling the emperor, Yin Yun looked a bit sad before mustering up the courage to ask him, "Father?"

The emperor looked a bit surprised, as if he has been just pulled back into reality. Looking at his daughter, he smiled a gentle smile. "Yun'er, what is it?"

The two stopped walking.

Yin Yun looks up at Yin Xing Tan. "Do you believe that I have been possessed by a spirit?"

The emperor's eyes widen, surprised that his daughter asked him this question. Smiling, he said, "I don't."

"Why?"

Taking Yin Yun's right hand and placing it in his hand while patting it a bit, he replied, "Because the soul jade that's connected with your life has not been shattered. If you had died or been possessed, it would have been shattered but it did not."

The emperor, still holding his daughter's hand, gently pulled her to continue the walk.

Smiling, Yin Yun was confused but happy for being able to have Yin Xing Tan as her father in this life.

That day, the emperor ordered to not be disturbed for any matters, as he wants to spend the whole day with his daughter.

_____________
😎, I feel so proud of myself for being able to update today.