Chapter 42

"Your majesty, justice must be done for Consort Du." The Right Minister was the first one to speak.

"Of course, justice must be done. However, that eunuch has been personally selected by the King of the South and is to be sent over in a few days. If we execute him, we'll be offending the King of the West."

The only other person who can argue back to the Right Minister is the Left Minister.

"I'm sure that the King Chen will understand. After all this concerns that dignity of the Du household."

A minister harrumph, "However we can't offend one of the Four Kings just because of a little bump between Consort Du and the eunuch."

"What!? Are you saying that the eunuch to escape punishment and let Consort Du be wronged!"

The courtroom turned chaotic again. It has turned into a debate between two sides.

On the other hands, taking advantage of this heated argument, Consort Du and her brother were secretly communicating through a talisman(picture above). The talisman is a pair of jade rings, it allows two people communicate through telepathy. All you have to do is wear the ring and send some of your conscience into the ring.

(TN: Every time the characters are thinking or speaking with their mind/thoughts, I'm going to put them in italics)

"Gege, what happened?" Consort Du asked worriedly.

When Elder Du heard a voice suddenly appearing in his mind, he immediately send his conscious into the jade ring on his ring finger on his right hand.

"Meimei! It's a relief that your here!" Tears could be seen on the rims of Elder Du's eyes, believing he has escaped death's door.

However, Consort Du knows that time is of the essence. "Gege! Hurry up and tell me! What happened?" The reunion can wait later.

And so, Elder Du told Consort Du what occurred in a very fast but detailed description.

As the story came to an end, Consort Du's expression has turned sour and bitter.

Consort Du signaled Right Minister Yan to stop the argument, and Minister Yan signaled the other ministers to stop.

Now, only the emperor's side of the court is still talking but when they realized the other side was silent, it made them become a bit awkward, so they also stopped too.

"Your majesty, now that nubi have heard what the ministers say, nubi can just ignore this accident." Consort Du gave a display of righteousness on her face.

The emperor only gave one word in responses, "Good." Black lines had appeared on Yin Xing Tan's head and a 💢 also appeared.

Consort Du:😰

Cautiously, Consort Du asks, "May I inquire about my brother's visiting today?"

The emperor only gave one word again, "Eh."

This puts Consort Du in an awkward and embarrassing situation. She looked at Minister Yan to speak.

But whatever Minister Yan was about to say, the Left Minister spoke first. Without a bit of respect, he vaguely filled Consort Du in, "Your brother came with disciples to request for a pill form his majesty, but when your brother saw the Crown Princess, he suddenly began to beg for forgiveness."

The corner of Consort Du's lip couldn't help but twitch a bit. A displeased look appeared for only a swift second before it disappeared.

_____________

What was the left prime minister's surname again? Or did I not give him one yet. Please tell me if u know! Thanks!😅