Chapter 21

"250,000!"
Someone from the room 3 took the bid.

"300,000!"
However, someone else from room 4 also called out. These two mans are from different sects and today, they have come here with their disciples. Both men's were also an alchemist, they have heard that the Heavenly Red Lotus cauldron will be auctioned.

"400,000!" Room 3 calls out again.

"600,000!"

The bids kept getting higher until room 4 bids 1.5 million.

"Is no one else going to bid?" The female auctioneer calls. She looked at the audience  but no one showed signs of wanting to increase the price. After all 1.5 million gold taels was something that could last them 10 lifetimes!

The auctioneer started counting while hitting the hammer down.
"1...2-"

"1.6 million gold taels." Yin Yun suddenly called out before the auctioneer calls it quit.

The man in room 4 was fuming mad right now. 1 million and 500,000 gold taels have already nearly made him broke. Now that someone raised it by 100,000 gold taels, if he wants to get the Heavenly Red Lotus cauldron, he's going to have to squander all of his money! He glared viciously at the figure behind the veil in room 2.

"May I ask if fellow daoist is an alchemist?" Room 4 putted on a thick face and inquired about Yin Yun.

"No." Yin Yun replied casually. Hearing this, room 4 was dumbfounded. Why spend your money if you don't have any use for what your buying?

"Fellow daoist may not know but I'm Elder Du from the Crescent Moon Sect." Elder Du informs. The audience below gasped, Elder Du? Why, he has the most power and influence in the sect behind the sect master and vice master! Some have also figured out why he would reveal his identity.

The staff of the auction on the other hand frowned at this blatant show of power.

This was simply using one's power to bully!

Du? This was what Yin Yun was confused about.
"Du? Du as in Imperial Concubine Du?"

Some people took deep breaths again. The imperial concubine! Elder Du was related to an imperial concubine! Although they already knew, this fact always frightens people.

Elder Du had on a smug smile after hearing that Yin Yun knew of his identity and his relationship to Imperial Concubine Du.

"Yes." His voice is now arrogant, full with pride.

"And?" Yin Yun was not the least afraid of Imperial Concubine Du, much less an Elder Du.

Yin Yun's nonchalant question stumped Elder Du and even made his face go red.

"Haha! Do you hear that, Du Feng? You even shamelessly tried to use your power to bully the weak! Now look at what happened, your identity didn't mattered! Haha!" The man in room 3 laughed out and mocked Du Feng.

Elder Du's face became embarrassed and humiliated.

"Yu Fan! You shut up!" Elder Du suddenly exploded.

When the audience heard the name Yu Fan they became once again shocked.
Yu Fan?
Elder Yu from the Yangyi Fire Sect?

If one was to talk about identity, both men were equal.

Elder Du ignored Elder Yu and looked at Yin Yun. He even wants to threaten her a bit now. He was just about to talk when Yin Yun started first.

"Am I going to get my cauldron?" Yin Yun asked the auctioneer.

"Y-...yes!" The female woke up from her dazed state and answered Yin Yun.

"If no one's bidding again then the Heavenly Red Lotus cauldron will belong to the guest in room 2."

"Wait!" Elder Du calls out again. He looks at Yin Yun again. "Fellow daoist, please think this over again. If you want, I can even get you a position in the Crescent Moon Sect!"

"Not interested. If all people from the Crescent Moon Sect are all shameless and arrogant, then I don't want to join at all." Yin Yun stated her points clearly. "I think there's no more room for bargaining?" Yin Yun ignores Elder Du and asks the auctioneer.

"Yes, please just wait for the item to be send to your room. The auction has ended so everyone can go home." After hearing that the auction has ended, everyone starts getting up and leaves the hall. Yin Yun waited patiently for the Heavenly Red Lotus cauldron.

The door opens and the female auctioneer comes in with a tray. The tray was presented to Yin Yun. Yin Yun uncovered it and saw the Heavenly Red Lotus cauldron. It was pitch red with some thin black and purple lines running along it for the design. The four legs were curved a bit like an upside down lotus petal. It was entirely gold. The inside was very dense with energy.

Yin Yun putted the cauldron into her storage ring and took out her banknotes. The female auctioneer took the banknotes and escorted Yin Yun out.

Yin Yun walked on the street leading to the palace gate. It was dark now and the street was empty. The auction went on for 4 hours.

Yin Yun was just strolling at a pace neither fast or slow but stopped when 8 men dressed in white clothing with a blue linings appeared in front of Yin Yun. On the their left chest, there was a red moon on it. In the middle, was Elder Du standing with his hands behind his back.

"Are you here to kill me for the cauldron?" Yin Yun smiled faintly.

"Leave the cauldron and we'll let you live but refuse and we will kill you!" Elder Du proclaimed loudly.

---------------------
Qi and energy are just the same thing. I may have said energy and then qi, I think some of you might be confused so I'm just trying to give you a heads up.
Oh and if you see a mistake I wrote or any suggestion to change something, please do comment so I can fix it!