Chapter 5

(What Yin Yun is wearing)

Sitting on her bed, Yin Yun mediated and found out that she was at the 7th rank of the foundation. All the other princesses and princes are all either at the Heavenly Core Realm or the Combat Soul Realm.

Sighing, Yin Yun tried to cultivate. Yin Yun circulated the qi(energy in the air) but something unexpected happened. The qi suddenly rushed into her body as if trying to out run the other. Yin Yun's body was unable to withstand too much qi and tried to stop the qi from entering her body but it was as if the qi had a own conscience and rushed in even more.

Anyone who saw this endless amount of qi entering a person's body would be stunned. Yin Yun suddenly coughed up some blood and then fainted. All the qi immediately stopped entering when Yin Yun fainted and instead circled around her body.

When Yin Yun woke up, there was a sticky black substance coming out through her pores. She immediately mediated and found that she has actually broken through to the Early stages of the Heavenly Core realm. Yin Yun was happy and also wanted to get rid of the black liquid on her body.

"Fu Ling!"
Fu Ling was standing outside and hearing her mistress calling her, she quickly entered.

"Mistress, what can nubi do for you?" Fu Ling curtsy and asked. Fu Ling knew that Yin Yun has changed.

"Get up, I need to take a bath."

"Yes. Nubi will get the servants to pour water in." Fu Ling looked at her mistress and saw that Yin Yun's clothes were drenched in black liquid. 'She must have broken through' Fu Ling went out and brought some servants in to pour water. After warming up the water. She also helped Yin Yun undress.

Yin Yun was uncomfortable with someone touching and undressing her. She was after all a former assassin and was used to be alone and do everything herself. However, her heart warmed at this situation.

Fu Ling has seen her mistress's body multiple of times but can't help but be amazed every time. Yin Yun's snow-like skin was soft and smooth without any scars or blemishes anywhere. Fu Ling quickly regained her composure and helped Yin Yun into the tub.

Yin Yun was enjoying the relaxing massage of Fu Ling. Yin Yun found that Fu Ling was at the 9th rank of the foundation Realm and was surprised. All the other servants were at the 4th or 5th rank.

Yin Yun got out and was dressed in a pink robe. Her face was refreshed and was powered. There was a red lotus drawn in the middle of her eyebrows. Yin Yun saw her reflection and couldn't help but be stunned. She got a good look at her new face and reached out to touch. The skin was soft and smooth with no blemishes. Yin Yun became curious at how ancient people in China could keep their skin so white and smooth.

Yin Yun left her bedchamber and went to the main hall. She wanted to make some changes.

"Fu Ling, get all the servants here."

"Nubi will get it done." After curtsying, Fu Ling went out. Yin Yun could hear her voice from outside calling for everyone. Fu Ling went back inside and waited with Yin Yun for everyone to come. Yin Yun waited for one shichen(2 hours) before everyone was gathered.

"Greetings to Mistress!" Once everyone was gathered, they all greeted Yin Yun.

"Fu Ling, cane those who arrived late 20 times and those who arrived early be rewarded 10 silver teals."

"Nubi will get it done and will have to ask Mistress to wait."

Fu Ling had a great memory and knew everyone in the ninth princess's palace. She wrote that the names of the ones who arrived late and the names of those who arrived early on another slip of paper. Those who arrived early was relief while the ones who arrived late was panicked. Everyone knew that their mistress now is different and thought that she has recovered from her mentality of a six year old. They were even more anxious now and was worried that their mistress will hold grudge when they disrespected her.

Yin Yun waited for the time it takes to brew a tea(15minutes?) before everything was done.

"Mistress, everything is completed. Does mistress has further instructions?" Fu Ling was rather surprised when her mistress wanted to punish and reward like this.

"There's nothing else. Everyone is dismissed." Everyone was afraid that they will be punish so they left in a well mannered way. Yin Yun laughed in her heart at their cautious manners.

"Fu Ling, prepare a sedan. I want to visit Father."

"Yes. I'll get the sedan prepared." Fu Ling went out to prepare. Yin Yun sat down and waited. While waiting, she was thinking of the reason why her own sister would try to kill her. Shaking her head, Yin Yun scolded herself. 'Yin Yun! You're no longer the 21st century assassin! You're now the ninth princess, Yin Yun!' Yin Yun tried to think of other thoughts while wiping her tears away.

"Mistress, the sedan is ready." Fu Ling was shocked to see traces of tears on Yin Yun's face. Yin Yun got up and walked out of the main hall. In front of the gate, there was a sedan ready. Yin Yun got in.

"To the imperial court!"

The sedan was raised and it set off to the imperial court. The sedan carriers were sweating right now. No one besides the ninth princess would dare disturb the morning meeting in the court.

-In the Imperial Courtroom
The Emperor was seated up high on the throne listening to the matters of today. The right Prime Minister and the left Prime Minister were bickering with each other, as usual, over the operations of the floods, when they were interrupted.

"Ninth Princess, Yin Yun, has arrived and asked to enter!"
An eunuch called out.

"Quickly let her come in!" The Emperor was having a headache with both Prime Ministers bickering and was happy when his beloved daughter came.

'Your majesty! It is inappropriate for someone to interrupt an meeting!' Was what everyone wanted to tell the Emperor but doesn't dare. They all knew how much the Emperor doted on the ninth princess.

Yin Yun came in gracefully. Everyone was stunned at her beauty and it looks as if an fairy was passing by. Each step was graceful and soundless but full of confidence.

"Yun'er greets Father."

"Quickly get up, tell me, what do you want?" Yin Xing Tan was full of smiles right now.

"Yun'er wants to practice the martial arts in the imperial library. Don't know if Father will give consent to it?"

'What? The martial arts?' Everyone was surprised at Yin Yun's request. Some felt that this was amusing while others snickered and mocked Yin Yun.