Chapter 5 ~ I'm not that bad am i?

Niall starts the car and drove off. Zayn is in the passenger seat and i'm in back, staying silent. I don't mind the silence, neither does Niall, but, Zayn looks like he is about to explode.

"Why don't we put on some music?" Zayn suggests, his frustration is clear in his voice. He pushes a button on the car's stereo and 'Happy' by Pharrell instantly begins to play.

"I love this song!" Me and Niall overlap.

"Oh god..." Zayn says, annoyed.

Niall and i begin to sing, snapping our fingers and smiling widely. Niall is actually really fun and nice. I have known him for a couple of years now, and still have never seen quite like this. He is so, happy. Open. Confident. Relaxed. He is so.. himself.

Zayn turns off the radio, knowing he is about to snap. "Where are we going for dinner?"

"I was thinking something quick." Niall says.

"Really?" I ask, wondering why he was in such a hurry.

"Yeah, i just don't like fancy dinners or dinners that are more that 2 courses." He smiles, keeping his eyes on the road. Another interesting fact about Niall.

"Ok, well.." I tap my chin. "We could have burgers, hotdogs, subs, tacos, pizza-"

"Pizza! Let's do pizza! I love pizza!" Niall squeals.

I laugh at his sudden outburst. "Ok, i'm good with pizza." I'm still laughing.

"Zayn?" Niall asks.

Zayn looks at him and gives him the best possible smile someone like Zayn can form. "Sure, pizza, i like pizza." He says, calmly.

Zayn seems out of it that day, he seems so distant, far away. His mind is clearly somewhere else and i just wonder why he would want to come to the dinner if he isn't going to interact with us. Not that i really want him to. At least he is trying to be polite.. Kind of.

"How was your day, Kaera?" Niall asks, trying to keep the conversation going.

"It was... fun, i guess." I shrug.

"Zayn? How was your day?" Niall asks.

"Ok, i just hung out with that slut from the party last week." He smiles.

You're proud of that? Wow, Zayn. You're so goddamn stupid!

"That one? Lilly?" Niall asks, smiling. Ok, so clearly this "Lilly" girl id something to be proud of.

"Yes! Oh my god, it was great. She's so hot, those fucking legs, and her boo-"

"Girl in the car!" I say, knowing where this conversation going.

It seems as though they forgot i am right behind them. Niall's cheeks turn pink but Zayn stays perfectly still. He looks at me, smiling.

"Jealous, Kaera Lee?" He asks.

Zayn: The most annoying boy on planet earth.

"Jealous of what? Having sex with Lilly?" I ask, pissed. I have already told him not to talk to me, but here he goes.

"No, though you really should be." I can literally see the dirty thoughts running through his head. "I was talking about her body. I mean, you really have nothing going on like she does."

I frown, hurt by his words. I'm usually unaffected by Zayn, but this one stung. Bad.

"Lay off, Zayn." Niall defends me.

"What? I was being honest, i mean look at her." Zayn mocks me further.

"Zayn, i mean it, Stop." Niall is growing angry. It is weird seeing him like this, he is always so calm.

"Alright, i'm just saying tha-"

"Zayn, i will pull this car over and leave you on the highway. She hasn't said a single word to you and you're being rude for no reason." Niall is serious.

"Rude? I was being honest! What happened to "Honesty is the best policy" hmm?"

I watch them bicker back and forth.

"Zayn! You think i'm kidding? I'm not! I would rather have dinner with Kaera than have you there if you're gonna act this way. She hasn't done anything to you." Niall has his eyes on the road, but he looks extremely angry.

"Kaera Lee has-" Zayn begins but then stops himself once Niall shoots him a look that should have killed him right there. "Fine." Zayn huffed and looked out of his window.

We soon pull up to a pizza joint. Niall and Zayn exit the car and i did too. I look at myself in the car window after i close the door.

I'm not that bad, am i?

I think to myself. I know i'm not fat but i'm not Kim Kardashian either. I sigh and walk behind the boys. I bring myself closer to Niall and whisper to him.

"Thank you."

"No problem, Kaera. He was being mean for no reason, and he was totally wrong." He says.

Wrong? What does that mean? Is he telling me that i have a good body?

No, Kaera, he is just being nice.

"Well, thanks." I smile at him.

He nods and opens the door to the restaraunt for me. Zayn is already inside, asking for a table.

"Right this way." We hear the woman at the podium say to Zayn. We follow them to a booth in the back of the restaraunt.

I sit next to Niall in the booth and Zayn slides in by himself.

"What kind of pizza do you like, Kaera?" Niall asks me.

"I like pepperoni, sausage, cheese or pineapple. I'm not that picky." I tell him.

He smiles. "My favourite is pepperoni."

I almost want to ask Zayn, but i know i shouldn't be talking to him after what he said to me. I still want to know, though. I'm just too curious.

"I really like cheese, i'll just get my own pizza." Zayn answers my thoughts.

"Cheese? Boring." Niall says.

I giggle a bit, it's funny, Zayn got a taste of his own medicine.

"Shut up!" Zayn smiles.

A smile? Zayn usually isn't that amused by anyone mocking him.. What is wrong wtih him today?

"Ok, so then, Zayn gets his own and we can share a large?" I ask Niall.

"Yeah," He smiles, again. Niall seems so happy tonight, it's so different. "Sounds good."

Dinner was fun, the Pizza was great and Zayn was decent for the rest of the night. They were both acting so different that night, but it was refreshing. It was nice to have them act like that for a change.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DONE! YAY! OK, i don't have a lot to say, except, Comment, Vote and Add to your libraries! Thank you everyone! Love y'all! BYE!

-Maya