Chapter 2 ~ so you really don't want me here.

i lay in my bed all day. This is why summer was my favorite season. The only time i get up is to feed my dog, Luca and to do a few chores. My brother, Wyatt, who's in 8th grade has his Xbox on full blast while playing Modern Warfare. But other than that, my house is pretty quiet.

My dad is at work and my mom is out with my sister running arons and taking her to play dates. Zahara, my sister, is a very social 6 year old. She has a play date or sleepover 2 times each week so i don't see much of her. Most of the summer is just me and Wyatt.

I'm in my bed texting Farah and Liam.

Farah O.: You're so lucky you're not in school anymore, It's only July and the school is already bothering me about picking classes!

Kaera M.: Yeah, i guess. But i have to look for a college. I'm lucky my dad let me take a year off while i look for one. I'm thinking of getting an apartment tho.

Farah O.: If you are, i'm moving in.

Kaera M.: Fine with me, you get to pay half of the rent.

Farah O.: Ugh, Fine! LOL, Louis is here, i gtg, bye.

Kaera M.: K, bye.

--------

Liam P.: You have to figure out a way to get along with Zayn. It doesn't bother me, but it's really starting to annoy some of the others.

I roll my eyes. Let me guess, Niall?

Kaera M.: Err! Why aren't you telling him this?

Liam P.: I would, but it's 10 am. Do you really think he's awake?

Kaera M.: True.

Liam P.: Will you try to get along with him?

Kaera M.: Eh...

Liam P.: Will you at least try and ignore him?

Kaera M.: THAT i can do. :)

Liam P.: Thanks Kae.

"Kaera! Mom just called and said her and Zahara will be back in 30 minutes and she needs you to set up the living room for her and her friends!" Wyatt shouts from his room.

You can't get out of your room? Really?

"Okay!" I shout back to him.

Kaera M.: Anything for you, Liam. :) I gtg, i'll text you later, bye.

Liam P: :D Bye

I put my phone in my jean pocket and walked downstairs.

I quickly set up Zahara's little matress and a few sleeping bags. I get some popcorn made for them and set up her castle tent.

Once i was done, i get onto the computer and continue my search for an apartment. I have found 3 that i really liked but only one that i can afford. They don't allow pets, so i can't have that one. I need to have my Luca with me.

I hear the creek of the front door and know the living room is about to be invaded. I quickly get up and make my way to the stairs. I hope that my mom won't spot me, but sadly...

"Kaera! Come down here!" My mother's voice booms through the house.

"Yes mother." I sigh and walk downstairs.

She crosses her arms after adjusting her glasses. "What have you been doing all day?" She asks.

"Um.." I look down. "Sleeping." I say.

"Kaera Lee Maxwell! I told you to do at least three things to help out around here!" She shouts.

"Yes! I know! I'm sorry, i was tired! Can't you give me a break?" I ask, annoyed.

"Kaera Lee," She starts. I cringe at that name, it reminds me too much of Zayn. "Our deal was, you help out around the house, and i'll let you stay here. You're 18, you shouldn't be living with us!" She reminds me.

"I know! I've been looking for an apartment and i'm getting really close to finding one! I actually have one, but there's no pets allowed." I sigh.

"You expect to pay for an apartment with your job at Target?" She laughs. I narrow my eyes at my mother's rude comment.

"No. Farah will be paying half's rent and moving in with me." I say, placing my hands on my hips.

"Then move out, Kaera!"

"Didn't you hear me? No pets allowed!" I say to her, pointing at Luca, who was cleaning his black fur.

"You want to take Luca with you? He is the family's pet!" She states. I felt hurt. He's my Luca.

"No, i got him for my 12th birthday! he's mine!"

"Kaera, that was a gift for all 3 of you kids and you know it! Now, if you've found an apartment, i will pay for first month's utilities, electricity, water and rent. You can even have some of the furniture from the cabin up north!" She smiles.

Ok, so you really don't want me here.

"Ok, fine. I'll set up a meeting with the realtor and i'll call Farah! Happy?" I am beyond furious with my mother.

If she doesn't want me here, fine!

I'll be fine without her!

See if i care!

Angry thoughts run through my head. I stomp up the stairs and into my bedroom. I call the realtor and set up a meeting time the next day.

Then i call Farah.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey, were you serious about being roomates if i got an apartment?" I ask, still mad.

"Yes.. Why?"

"I found one."

"Really? OH MY GOD! This is gonna be so fun! I get to spend my senior year of high school living on my own! Well, with you." She says, excited. I can hear Louis asking questions in the background. She is the only one of us who wasn't out of high school. And I was the only one not in school.

"Yeah, are you sure your parents would be ok with it?" I ask.

"Of course, my parents are totally chill, i'll ask them when i get home." She says.

"Alright, i'll call you later with details. Tell Louis i said 'Hey'." I tell her and hung up. If my mother doesn't want me at home, i don't need to be at home.

XXXXxxxxXXXXxXxxxxxxXXx

BOOM! DONE! I'm not gonna say much because i am DONE with wattpad for today! Vote, Comment, add to your library and FOLLOW ME! Yeah! Ok, see y'all next chapter! BYE!

-Maya (or so you thought)