forty-five // finale

Start from the beginning

When he heard me, he looked over his shoulder and eyed me from my feet up to my face. "Areum?" He was a bit surprised, quickly standing up and wiping away the dust on his denim pants before taking a step closer to hug me swiftly. I was taken aback but then he then pulled away with a smile, and gestured for me to sit to where he was sitting before. We both sat down on the grass across their graves. I looked at Hoseok next to me who's wearing a beanie over his dyed light brown hair that suits him perfectly.

"It's been a while, Hoseok. How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm okay now," He said, glancing to me. "I just feel bad that the last time I was with Taehyung was at the party. . . And I had to be so mad at him that I couldn't stop punching him," He sighed, staring at his grave this time. "And also, I wasn't able to go to Taehyung's funeral that day, so I decided to visit him today." He added.

I was silent for a second, hesitating if I should ask or not, but when Hoseok noticed I was a bit quiet and looked at me, I decided to speak up, "Have you talk to Solji after what happened?" I asked. Remembering what happened that night still made my heart clenched even if I already know I forgave Taehyung and Solji for what they did to us.

"Yeah, I actually talked to her a month ago." He said, rubbing the nape of his neck. "We. . . We both decided to end things between us since there's just no way we'd still work out as a couple or even as friends."

"It must have been hard for you two," I said, putting my hand on the small of his back to comfort him.

"Yeah, but it's for the better." He said, smiling then locked his eyes on my clothes before looking up to face. "So, what time will your graduation starts? I can drive you to your school if you want to,"

"Oh," I snapped, looking down on my uniform and realized that I am graduating today. "I'm already late. Graduation ceremony will probably be over when I get there." I told him. "By the way, when's your graduation day?"

"It was last week." He said. "Sorry, I don't have a congratulatory gift to give. I didn't know we'll meet here, and if I only knew, I should've given you this bouquet of flowers instead," He joked, pointing at the fresh bouquet of baby's breath that was placed in the middle of the two boys' graves.

"Oh, it's okay." I smiled at Hoseok whose smile could possibly can cure any diseases to how it is so vibrant and pure. "Belated congratulations, by the way."

"Thanks," He said. "But still, I should get you something. Flowers will be good, right?" He added, standing up.

"You don't have to, Hoseok. I'm okay." I insisted, shaking my hands in mid-air.

Hoseok told me he'd bought me flowers as a gift, so he told me to get up already and he'd drive me to school. I asked for five more minutes, and he's okay with it. I mentally talked to Taehyung and Jungkook, telling them I was fine and hoping they were both happy to where they are right now.

After exactly five minutes, Hoseok and I got out of the memorial cemetery, and he dragged me inside the nearby flower shop across the street.

He bought a bouquet of fresh freesia flowers and handed it to me after the florist made it. The florist saw how Hoseok handed me the flowers, so she thought we were a couple and even blessed us to become a happy and strong couple in the future, but then mischievous Hoseok told the florist we were siblings and the florist suddenly became awkward as she repeatedly apologized to what she said. Hoseok paid for the flowers and we both got out of the shop.