thirty-seven

"Slow down the time
Please stay for a little more oh
Please baby calm down
Just a little more"

————————

"Damn, Areum. I think you just made him really mad." Yoongi scoffed, and I heard him all the way from the kitchen.

It took me minutes to find the medical kit after opening the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Once I found it, I made my way out of the kitchen and into the living room where Yoongi is.

"Yoongi! I told you to sit on the floor!" I shouted at him like scolding a little puppy when I saw him sitting on the couch and peeking from behind the curtains. The couch has already covered with his a few drops of his bloodstains.

He just rolled his eyes and lazily got up from the couch and sat on the floor as he looked up to me with that bloody face of him. "You happy?"

I just sat across him, sighing defeatedly. I placed the kit on my lap and opened it to get a small ball of cotton and poured a small amount of this brownish liquid medicine in it. Gently, I pressed the soaked cotton against his wounded cheek first. We were just a few inches away  from each other that I could already feel his warm breath. Yoongi wasn't saying anything as he just stared at a different direction. As I pressed it harder, he hissed in pain and bit his lower lip. He took the medical kit on my lap and got the tissue to wipe the blood off his nose. "I think Taehyung almost killed you. He probably wanted you run out of blood." I told him, pressing the ball of cotton gently against the corner of his lips this time.

"Yeah, I mean that's what he's good at, right? Killing people." He scoffed again, furrowing his brows. "I can't believe it took him time just to punch me back." He continued.

I stopped pressing the ball of cotton against his skin, "I'm sure he's having hard time too, Yoongi." I said, putting aside the used ball of cotton and grabbed a new one when I noticed the scrape on his elbows. The tone of my voice sounded as if I cared too much for Taehyung (which is still true), and it made me sound so hypocritical for hating him a while ago and now that I've seen him, I'm all soft for him again.

"We're all having a hard time, Areum. Not only your precious Taehyung," He said, quickly glancing at me. "Plus, he deserves to be in a terrible situation like this one. He deserves all the bad things that's happening to him."

"I'm sure he's regretting it all. I'm sure he misses Jungkook too," I gulped the lump on my throat as I looked away from Yoongi's eyes. "I'm sure he misses you too,"

"Screw him!" He shouted, which startled me a little. But then he took a deep breath and looked down. "As much as I wanted to kill him every time I beat him up, I couldn't!" He looked at me with those intense gaze of him as his voice got small.

"Yoongi. . ."

"You have no idea how hard it is for me to lose my friends, Areum! You don't know how much I badly want to bring Jungkook back to life, and turn back time to when everything was just the way it is!" Yoongi yelled, furrowing his brows and forcing himself not to cry. But after a second, he immediately looked away as his tears fell. He quickly wiped it away with his bloody hands, leaving stains of blood on his face. "I'm just. . . I'm just so tired of being alone, Areum. . ." He whispered under his breath, keepin his head down; his dark damp hair covering his tearful eyes.

I slowly moved closer to him; our knees touching as I reached for his hands. I wiped away the bloodstains in his hands using the hem of my shirt, and because of my sudden action, Yoongi startled a bit and lifted his head to look at me. I wiped his hands thoroughly until the hem of my shirt started getting all the bloodstains from his hands. After I was done, I looked at his face and our gazes met. I flashed him a small smile—it was the first time Yoongi looked at me with those soft melancholic gaze and it made me want to hold him tight. With a small smile still plastered on my face, I wiped away the stains of blood left on his face. "You don't have to be alone, Yoongi. I'm here for you. I can stay and be your  frien—"