The Good

Erza's eyes open slowly, a blinding light in her face. Warmth spreads all over her body and she suddenly feels at peace, their impending doom escaping her at the moment.

"Are you alright?" Jellal's now deep voice asks her. It occurs to her now that he is kneeled down and taking heavy breaths. She looks for his face, suddenly desperate to see his eyes.

"I'm fine. . . are you?" his breathing softens some, but persists in speed. His eyes show nothing but gratitude and underlying affection. Erza's cheeks begin to feel a little hot.

"I am fine, Erza. Just a little winded." Her heartbeat picks up when he says her name.

Their gazes stay locked and small smiles make their way onto their faces. Jellal leans a little closer and whispers to Erza while pushing a strand of her scarlet hair back.

"I really missed you, Erza."

"I missed you so much, Jellal."

Their noses slowly drift closer and closer to one another. Soon the tips of their noses are touching, and they're an inch away from bringing their lips together.

A rough cough sounds behind them and makes them aware of the other presence with them. "Gajeel." Jellal says with a nod of his head in the other demon's direction.

"What do you plan to do now?" Jellal turns back to Erza and helps her stand before standing himself. He goes to Gajeel who, understandably, seems weak. Jellal brings him to his feet.

"We will ask Good for forgiveness. Surely he will be merciful." Jellal explains with hope.

Gajeel seems skeptical. "Why would Good give us any mercy? As I said before, he is Evil with a different face. He will end me." Jellal scowls; there he goes, separating himself.

"We are not so different Gajeel-"

"We are. Surely you aren't so dense that you haven't noticed?" Jellal thinks he is referring to their days on the other side of the Border, but he realizes that Gajeel is gesturing to him now.

He can't feel or see anything different about himself, but Erza helps with that. "Your halo. . . it's returning." surprise strikes him hard. He thought there was no going back.

He spreads his wings so he can see them. The tips are white, the line inbetween his dark wings and their new light a fading grey. The darkness burns from his wings in ash as he is reborn into an angel.

"How. . ."

"You're pure, Jellal-" a sudden, more concerning and rattling cough sounds from Gajeel, "You were never meant to be a Demon."

Before Jellal can answer, another, mightier, voice intrudes. "He is right, Jellal." the trio looks over to see a tall young man with blond hair and a glowing essence.

"Laxus." Erza says in a breath. He nods to Erza in acknowledgement before continuing. "My father has sent me here to intercept you. He does not want the Rule to intervene. Though he has voiced this, he knows they will. We must leave immediately."

Laxus beckons them forth. Jellal and Gajeel are hesitant, but Erza assures them. "We can trust him." Jellal and Gajeel share a look before following.

The journey is quick and rushed, and minutes later, they arrive at a grand hall. Laxus quickly pushes the doors aside and ushers his charges in. Then closes the doors firmly behind.

The hall is full of witnesses, as every diplomatic matter requires. Jellal has a feeling his return to Heaven will cause more than his death.

At the front of the hall, upon a stage, behind a podium, stands Good. In actuality, he is rather short from old age, so he uses his wings to keep himself up and above the podium. He too, had a glowing essence, one more powerful than Laxus'.

"Sit." he commands simply, gesturing to a duo of seats at the front. Jellal and Erza sit, Jellal's concern for Gajeel showing through a lingering gaze upon his friend.

"Everyone!" Good addresses, his voice holding a very serious tone,
"This means war."