Staying Or Leaving

By the time Sophie, Keith, and Coran arrived with the Fire Kingdom royals Shiro and Pidge were already back.

"You're safe!" Sophie grinned as she hugged them both.

Behind them the door opened again and Hunk and Lance walked in groaning.

"You made it." Allura smiled.

"What no hugs for us?" Lance questioned as he eyed Sophie.

Sophie ran over and hugged Hunk as she stuck her tongue out at Lance who threw his arms up into the air.

"Are all Earthlings like this?" Mani questioned from beside her brother and advisor.

"Who's that?" Hunk asked as he poked his head around Sophie.

"These are my cousins Princess Mani and Prince Alsac and their advisor Jacob." Allura introduced.

"Ma-Nee! Not Man-ee. Not Mar-ee. Nor anything else. Ma-Nee!" Coran added.

"Thank-you Coran." Mani forced a smile as she stepped in front of the advisor, "It is an honor to meet the new paladins of Voltron."

"The honor is ours princess." Shiro bowed.

"Please, no formalities. You'll find that I am more laid back than some of the other royals of Arus." Mani waved her hands to add to her statement.

"I'm glad you all made it back from, wherever you went, in one piece." Alsac grinned as he walked over to the paladins.

"Yeah, just barely. That was a nightmare. I almost puked out there. I felt like Hunk!" Lance replied.

"Think how I felt. I am Hunk." Hunk added, still hiding behind Sophie.

Sophie and Allura laughed.

"Yeah. We had a tough time, too." Pidge lied as he shared a look with Shiro.

"Did we find the Red Lion yet?" Shiro asked.

"Allura just located it. There's a bit of good news and bad news. The good news is, the Red Lion's nearby. The bad news is, it's on board that Galra ship now orbiting Arus. But wait, good news again. We're Arus!" Coran explained.

"They're here already?"

"Yes. Guess my calculations were a bit off. Finger counting- It's more of an art than a science. Hmm?"

The screen behind the group came to life to so show a purple alien.

"Princess Allura, this is Commander Sendak of the Galra Empire. I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon, Lord of the Known Universe. I am here to confiscate the lions. Turn them over to me, or I will destroy your planet." He said before the screen disappeared again.

"All right, let's not panic." Shiro said immediately.

"Not panic? The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us. We only have four lions." Hunk responded as he shook Sophie out of fear.

"Technically, only three working lions." Pidge pointed out.

"That's right. Thank you, Pidge. Three working lions and a castle that's, like, 10,000 years old."

Sophie glared at the smaller human as she was shaken around again.

"Actually, it's 10,600 years old. You see, it was built by my grandfather-"

"Thanks, Coran. Thank you for that. See? Now is the perfect time to panic!" Hunk interrupted Coran.

"Wait! This castle has a particle barrier we can activate." Allura exclaimed.

"Girl, you've already activated my par-" Lance started.

"Lance!" Shiro scolded while Sophie's glare deepened.

"The particle barrier won't hold Sendak's ion cannon forever. The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last." Coran informed them.

"Panic now?" Hunk asked.

"No. We've just got to figure out our plan of action, and figure it out quickly." Shiro replied.

"I say we pop through a wormhole and live to fight another day." Lance responded.

"I second that. Yes. We tried to find all the lions, right? We gave it the old college try. Couldn't do it. We only have three. We can't form Voltron. I guess we could form a snake. Or a worm! To go through that hole, Lance, that you were talking about." Hunk added.

"Then, it's settled. Allura, you ride with me. One of you take the old guy and those three." Lance nodded.

"We can't just abandon Arus. The Galra will keep destroying planets and capturing prisoners until we stop them." Pidge spoke up.

"And there are other royals and advisors still here in stasis." Sophie pointed out as she moved away from Hunk and Lance.

"How do you know that?" Mani questioned.

"Oh, Sophie can read the lost language." Allura replied.

"You didn't think to mention this sooner?"

"Okay. If we run, then maybe Sendak will follow us and leave this planet alone, like when we left Earth. We form the snake-worm thingamajig and we-[hisses] out of here." Hunk went on.

"Sendak could destroy the planet then come after us anyway. Staying is our only option." Keith argued.

"Here's an option: shut your quiznak." Lance said.

The Arusians stared wide eyed.

"I don't think you're using that word correctly." Keith told him.

"What do you know, Mullet?"

"We're staying."

"Leaving!"

"Staying!" Pidge jumped in.

"Snake!" Hunk exclaimed.

"Enough! This is getting us no where and the enemy is almost here!" Sophie yelled as she shoved her brother and Lance apart.

"Sophie's right. Princess Allura, Princess Mani, these are your lions. You've dealt with the Galra Empire before. You know what we're facing better than any of us. What do you think is the best course of action?" Shiro asked.

"I- I don't know." Allura shook her head.

Mani glanced to Jacob also unsure.

"Perhaps your father can help." Coran offered.

"My father?" Allura questioned.