Lions' Choice

"Princess, you must eat. It's been 10,000 years." Coran told Allura as she continued typing away.

"I'm not hungry." She replied without looking up.

"Man, 10,000 years? That's like one thousand plus ten." Lance commented.

I face palmed.

"That's times ten." Keith corrected him.

"Whatever, dropout." Lance replied.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I stepped towards Lance.

Keith grabbed me before I could do anything and dragged me over to stand beside Allura.

"I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm starving." Hunk said.

He had a plate of what I could only describe as space goo in front of him.

"Yeah, but you've thrown up, like, five times." Pidge replied.

"Hmm, good point." Hunk shrugged before he started to eat.

"I can't believe your civilization created such advanced technology 10,000 years ago. It must have been an incredible place." Shiro spoke up as he looked around the control room.

"Yes, it was but now it is gone and we're the last Arusians alive." Coran replied.

Coran walked over to Allura and she hugged him as she started sobbing softly.

There was squeaking coming from Allura's stasis pod.

Allura walked over to her stasis pod and gasped.

"Looks like we're not the last, after all." She smiled.

"Great. Space mice." I sighed as I walked over to see what it was.

I jump back into someone as the alarm started blaring.

"A Galra battleship has set its tracker to us!" Coran exclaimed as the monitor came to life showing the ship and its location from us.

"How did they find us?" Allura asked.

"I'm not sure, but I bet it's Keith's fault." Lance commented from behind me.

"Say whatever you've got to say to make yourself feel better. After getting us stuck on the other side of a wormhole!" Keith replied.

"I'll stick you in a wormhole!" Lance yelled back.

I shoved Lance back away from both me and Keith as he threw his arms in the air before crossing them.

"Stow it, cadets! This is no time to place blame. It's time to work as a team. How long before they arrive?" Shiro asked.

"At their speed? Oh, well, carry the two, I'd say probably a couple of days." Coran answered.

"Good. Let them come! By the time they get here, you five will have reformed Voltron, and together, we will destroy Zarkon's empire!" Allura said suddenly really confident.

Hunk suddenly burped really loudly.

"Sorry. Food goo." He apologized before his stomach rumbled and he groaned.

"Princess, there are five of these lions. How are we going to find the rest?" Shiro asked.

The space mice squeaked as Allura lead us out us to a chamber with a platform.

Allura stepped on to it and a light shone down from the giant crystal above it on to her.

"King Alfor connected the lions to Allura's life force. She alone is the key to the lions' whereabouts." Coran explained.

Allura's eyes snapped open and stars spread out around all of us.

"Whoa!" We exclaimed as we looked around.

"These are coordinates. The Black Lion looks like it's in the same location as the Blue Lion." Pidge pointed out as Arus came to rest in front of us.

"Look at your primitive synapses firing away in their little brain cage." Coran commented.

"Very observant. That's because the Black Lion is in the castle." Allura smiled to Pidge.

"To keep the Black Lion out of Zarkon's hands, King Alfor locked it in the castle. It can only be freed if the other four lions are present."

"As you have found, the lions choose their pilots. It is a mystical bond and cannot be forced. The quintessence of the pilot is mirrored in his lion. Together, they form something greater than science can explain. The Black Lion is the decisive head of Voltron. It will take a pilot who is a born leader and in control at all times, someone whose men will follow without hesitation. That is why, Shiro, you will pilot the Black Lion. The Green Lion has an inquisitive personality and needs a pilot of intellect and daring. Pidge, you will pilot the Green Lion. The Blue Lion-"

"Hold up, let me guess. Takes the most handsome slash best pilot of the bunch?" Lance cut Allura off.

She glared at him and spun the stars until the Yellow Lion landed in front of Hunk.

"The Yellow Lion is caring and kind. Its pilot is one who puts the needs of others above his own. His heart must be mighty. As the leg of Voltron, you will lift the team up and hold them together." Allura smiled.

Hunk grunted questioningly and I nudged him so he could see I was smiling at him.

"The Red Lion is temperamental and the most difficult to master. It's faster and more agile than the others, but also more unstable. Its pilot needs to be someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone. Keith, you will fly the Red Lion."

"What? This guy?" Lance asked.

"Unfortunately, I cannot locate the Red Lion's coordinates yet. There must be something wrong with the castle. After 10,000 years, it might need some work." Allura sighed.

"Don't worry, we'll find it soon. They don't call me "The Coranic" for nothing. It's because it sounds like "mechanic." So Coranic, mechanic. It's not- It doesn't sound exactly like it. It's similar." Coran said as he played with his mustache.

"Uh, no. I'll fix the castle since I'm the odd woman out and the mechanic here." I spoke up.

"Excellent." Allura smiled before the Red Lion roared and the lions came together above us.

"Once all the lions are united, you will form Voltron, the most powerful warrior ever known, the Defender of the Universe." Allura explained as Voltron was formed before our eyes.

"Awesome!" Lance exclaimed.

"Oh Wait. Okay, we're going to be in there and flying lions. Got that part. How do lions turn into legs? Is this going to be a long trip? I have to pee. Do you people pee?" Hunk rattled off.

"We don't have much time. Pidge and I will go after the Green Lion. Lance, you take Hunk and get the yellow one. Keith and Sophie, you stay here. If you locate that Red Lion, go get it." Shiro ordered.

"In the meantime, I'll get this castle's defenses ready. They'll be sorely needed." Allura added.

"I'll ready a pod and load the coordinates so that you can reach the Green Lion." Coran said before he ran off.

Maybe 15 minutes later Blue and the pod took off into space.

Two dials raise one on either side of Allura and she placed her hands on them.

As Keith and I watched the monitor we saw two worm holes open before Blue and the pod.

"We can only keep the wormholes that lead to the other lions open for two of your Earth hours, so you'll have to be quick about your work. The good news is that according to my readings, both planets are relatively peaceful. So, if you do get stuck, they could be relaxing places to live out the rest of your lives. Enjoy the trip!" Coran told the others over the comm.

"Wait! What? No!"

"I did not receive the memo on this!"

Was all that was heard before they were off through the worm holes.