Wake Up Call

"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The Castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now! Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

Sophie shot into the air and smacked her head on the console above her.

"Damnit. This early?" She complained as she got up and ran for the control room, tool belt and all.

"You've got to sell it a little bit more." Coran was saying before he stole the mic from Allura.

"Oh, no! Allura is dead! Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off! Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?"

Shiro, Keith, Hunk, and Pidge ran in and stood with the grease covered Sophie.

"Coran." Allura tried.

"Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening."

"It's over."

"Oh, I know! If only Voltron had been formed. Oh! Time!" Coran finally stopped having noticed the force.

Mani and Alsac snickered from beside one of the consoles.

"I guess this isn't an actual attack." Shiro sighed.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you- Coran?" Allura was furious.

"Seventy-five degrees."

There was a pause.

"Oh, sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer."

"However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your bayards? And where is Lance?"

The doors slid open and Lance walked in wearing a bathrobe and tea in his hand.

"Good morning, everybody. What's going on?" He greeted.

"Mani, Alsac, Jacob, Sophie, Coran, and I have been up for hours getting the Castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed." Allura explained.

"Hey! You got to sleep for 10,000 years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now, I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird castle. That's a lot to process in, uh I don't know. What day is today?" Hunk argued.

"It's the third quintant of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!" Coran smiled.

"It's a lot to process."

"You must understand the stakes of our mission. Over the last 10,000 years, the Castle picked up distress beacons from the following locations. So, we have to assume that Zarkon has conquered almost the entire known universe. Earth is here. An attack on your planet is inevitable." Allura told them.

"Oh no." Hunk breathed.

"Oh." Sophie blinked as she stopped rubbing her head.

"Exactly. Our mission is to free all those planets. Coran and I are getting the Castle ready to leave Arus. During that time, you have to learn to form Voltron, so we can begin fighting Zarkon."