One shot

Neji x reader one shot

You walked past Neji talking with Ten Ten and Temari. You laughed along with them as they told the story of how Naruto fell asleep in class and got embarrassed. Neji stared at you admiring you. He loved everything about you: your eyes, smile, personality, hair, everything. When you laughed it filled his heart with warmth. However, he wasn't the only one who liked you. All the boys in the school loved her. She was pretty, beautiful, cool, nice, funny. What more could they want? Neji glared at the boys who stared at her as well. They looked away quickly scared of Neji. Neji and you were childhood friends, you grew up together, went to the same school and became best friends. But the more you grew up, the more beautiful you became and the more popular you became. You soon became out of his reach. You were constantly surrounded by people, boys and girls, the teachers loved you as you got high grades. You soon stopped hanging out as much with him. However, you would both occasionally meet up. It was always cancelled though due to the amount of times you had made plans with your friends. He felt sad and lonely sometimes but even so liked you.
Unknown to him, you liked him as well. You loved him since you were a child. You would always try to avoid him since you knew that you would always make a mess of yourself if you talked to him. Last time you had to hand out the homework to the class, you dropped the whole pile of paper when you accidentally brushed your hand with his! Talk about embarrassing! You stuttered whenever you talked to him and always blushed red when you saw him. You wanted to hang out with him like how you both used to in the past but didn't have the courage to go up to ask him. Whenever you tried, you tripped over your words and ran away all the time. You also wanted to ask Neji if he would go to your friends party with you but whenever you asked, he had to go somewhere. Ten Ten and Ino knew you liked him and would always tease you. They would try to go up to him to get him to ask you out but you always caught them and dragged them away.
You sat in history looking out the window, daydreaming of the day when Neji would ask you out, you sighed as you thought of it. It would never happen, I mean who would fall for you?!
"(Y/N)!" The teacher shouted in your ear. You jumped. "Are you ok (Y/N)? I called your name over 5 times already!" He said annoyed. You nodded slowly embarrassed, the whole class giggled. You put your head in your hands. What's wrong with me today? "Now can you answer the question: When did King Henry VIII break with Rome?" You rambled in your head for answers but had forgotten it. You rubbed your head. Come on you did this last year! You know the answer! You looked around and was about to say you didn't know but saw Neji waving at you behind the teacher. You stared at him in confusion. He pointed at his hand, you read it : 1534 ad.
"1534" you answered. The teacher looked surprised but hid it.
"Good, well done (Y/N)," he said then carried on with the lesson. You looked at Neji gratefully and smiled at him mouthing thank you. He blushed a little and smiled back. You saw Ino and Sakura making a love heart around you and Neji. You glared at them and mouthed at them to stop it before Neji noticed but it was too late. He blushed when he saw it and looked away. They tried to hold in their laughter but failed, the teacher told them off and told them to redo the task. You laughed silently at them. After history ended, you walked over to Neji.
"Um, thank you for helping me out," you said quietly blushing. Neji blushed and smiled.
"It's fine (Y/N), besides it's what friends do right?" Neji said, you smiled and nodded your head. You took a breathe you were gonna ask him, you had lunch next so he was free right?
"U-um, do you w-want to go to a party with m-me?" You asked nervously clutching your books. He stared at you for a while. Oh god he's gonna say no. I knew it! God I am so stu-
"Okay," he said. You stared him and then smiled brightly.
"Really? Oh god thank you!" You said running off happily. You then paused and ran back to him. "Come to my house at 6 on Saturday, okay?" Neji nodded and you smiled running off to meet your friends. Neji stared after you as you ran off. He smiled to himself, he finally got the chance to hang out with you again! Lee ran up to him and fist bumped him.
"Good job, you're lucky I told you to give the answer to (Y/N), I even got you to go to a party with her!" Lee said  proud of himself. Neji smiled gratefully.
"Thanks lee," he said before telling Lee to go to the field with him.
I'm gonna time skip to Saturday ~~~~~
Finally it was the day of the party, you were waiting for Neji to come to your house. You were jumping with excitement since it had been so long since you hang out with him. You thought sadly of the times you both had together but then got excited that you would both make new memories. You paused and the face palmed yourself. You hadn't told Neji your address! You quickly scrolled through your contacts but couldn't find Neji. You groaned and chucked your phone at the sofa. How could you forget? It's been so long since he came to your house, you doubted that he would remember it. You then heard a someone knocking on the door. You walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Neji! You swung open the door and ran up to him hugging him.
"Oh my god, I am so sorry I forgot to tell you my address! But you remembered it! You're so smart!" You said apologising.
​​​​​​"Yeah I remember from when we hung out together when we were young," Neji said. He realised what he said and mentally killed himself. It soon became awkward with him standing at the door and you leaning on the door. You tried to change the subject.
"You wanna come in? I have to do a few things first," you said letting him in. He walked in and looked around. It looked the same as before, he felt nostalgic. He stayed in the living room while you went to your room. You went to get your purse and checked yourself to make sure you were okay. You went out after and saw Neji looking at a picture of you with him when you both were young. You looked at it sadly. You missed the days. Neji turned around and jumped when he saw you. He accidently knocked the picture and the glass smashed you both jumped.
"Oh my g​​​​​od I am so sorry!" Neji said picking up the glass bits. You ran over to help him and collected them as well. You cut yourself while picking it up. You hissed in pain. Neji noticed and looked over at you. He saw the cut and immediately rushed over to you. "Are you ok? This wouldn't have happened if I didn't knock over the frame." He said glumly. He walked to the kitchen to get a plaster. You felt bad, you were made at him but you he felt much worse. After all, you both hadn't hung out in ages and now he felt like he ruined it. You walked over to him and hugged him. He jumped.
"It's fine Neji, well it's too late to go to the party do let's just hang out at my house yeah?" You suggested looking at the time. Neji hesitated then nodded. You both picked a movie and decided to watch Moana. You got the popcorn for both of you. After you sat next to him, placing the popcorn on the table in front of you. Halfway through the movie, you layer your head in Neji. You didn't notice though and kept watching the movie. Neji however was blushing madly and trying to move, he stared at you for the rest of the movie. After the movie, you got up and picked another movie. You decided to watch a horror movie, you were feeling a bit rebellious today. You decided to watch 31 seeing as it was the first one you saw. You held the popcorn eating quickly as you watched it. Neji was completely calm about it. You jumped when Sick Head appeared under the door of the cubicle Charly was in. You screamed and hugged Neji tightly. Neji jumped and wrapped his arms around you tightly soothing you. You started tearing up. You should have never got the movie up. Neji turned the TV of and stroked your head. He lifted you and carried you to your bedroom. He layed down with you and when he saw you calm down git up to leave. You grabbed his hand. "Can you stay here? Please Neji, I won't ask anything of you." You pleaded. Neji smiled and layed back down with you.
​​​"Of course." Neji responded. Okay, I'm gonna ask her out. This may be the last time I'll ever have a chance like this again. You can do it. It's fine. Neji breathed out and sat up. You sat up confused.
​" Neji? You ok? Do you have to go? I'm sorry. You can go if you-" You were cut of by his lips meeting yours. You hesitated but kissed back ​​​​​after closing your eyes. Your lips moved in sync, soon you both had to pull away though due to loss of air. Neji hugged you and you hugged him back.
" You know I like you right?" Neji said looking at you. You nodded and smiled. " Do you like me?"Neji asked hopefully. You nodded. Neji's face broke in a smile and he jumped on you hugging you. You both fell back down on your bed. You laughed and hugged him back. "I've liked you for a long time (Y/N). Since we became teenagers." Neji murmured.
" Really?!" You asked surprised.  He nodded. "Same here you know," Neji got surprised.
" Really?!" He said. You nodded. You both laughed. " Well both could have started dating ages ago. We were both just really shy huh," Neji said.
" Well we're together now so it's fine!" You said happily hugging him tightly. He laughed and did the same. You felt yourself drifting off. You tried to stay awake though to talk with Neji. Neji noticed this and stroked your head.
" Go to sleep (Y/N), I'll be here when you wake up." You nodded and went to sleep, knowing that Neji would be there.