Chapter 36

Over the next two weeks, Rory and Finn started packing his things and preparing his house.  He planned on putting the property on the market before the baby arrived.  Lorelai was assisting with staging between trips back to Stars Hollow to help out at the Dragonfly.  She knew how to make each space homey, desirable, and inviting.

On their final day, Rory got a phone call from Logan as they were in the midst of directing the movers.  She stepped into the next room, where it was quieter.

"Hey, Logan!  How are you?" she greeted him.

"I'm good, Ace, and you?"

"I'm very ready for the baby to come out!  I think I'm bigger than Octomom!" she replied and they both laughed.

"I've got some good news for you," he said.

"What's that?" she asked excitedly.

"I wanted to be the one to personally tell you that your book has been officially sent to the printers.  You'll receive your copy in about two weeks," he revealed.

"Oh, my god!" she squealed.  "That is amazing news!"

"What is it, Love?" Finn called from the next room.  He walked to her.

"Logan said my book's been sent to the printers!"

"That's wonderful news," he replied with a huge grin.  He loved seeing her so happy and excited.  He gave her a small kiss on the head before he went back to the movers.

"There is something else I'd like to discuss with you," Logan began.  Despite the fact he was desperately working on his marriage to Odette, hearing Rory share the news with Finn still stung.  He knew that he and Rory were over in a romantic sense, but it didn't make accepting her relationship with his best friend any easier.  Regardless of his personal challenges with the situation, he just wanted her to be happy.  In order to have a relationship with her and his daughter, he'd have to accept that Finn was the source of her joy.

"What's that, Logan?"

"With you getting close to your due date, I just wanted to make sure it was still ok for me to come," he said warily.

"Yes, I'd love for you to be here.  Just so you know, it's only going to be my mom coming in for the delivery," she replied with a caveat.

"That's fair, but know that I'll be there if you need or want me," he offered.

"I appreciate that," she said softly.

"I'll be flying in next weekend, and just so you know, Odette will be coming with me.  She won't come to the hospital and will likely stay with my mom or Honor," he explained with apprehension in his voice.

"You don't have to be afraid to tell me this kind of stuff, Logan.  She's your wife, and I know you two are really trying to make things work.  I think it's great.  I really do, but I can't lie when I say that I truly appreciate her not making an appearance at the hospital," Rory confessed.

"We've talked about it a lot, and she'd like to make amends with an apology.  She's insistent it is face-to-face, but I'll leave that up to you.  She really has changed for the better.  The accident was a real wake-up call for both of us," Logan said.

"That's great news," she said sincerely.  "I'd suggest keeping her away from Shira if that's the case."

Logan chuckled.  "That's a very good point.  I'll shoot you a message with flight details later today."

"Make sure you send it to Finn, too," she requested.

"I will," he replied.  "Oh, and one more thing."